Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Caleb Learns to Garden

We finally started landscaping this weekend, and Caleb was happy to help us get the plants and bushes planted. He had a great time playing in the dirt...bathtime was necessary tonight to clean off the dirt, sunscreen and sweat.

We started off the wknd by going out to eat Friday night. Caleb learned a new fake laugh on the way there and literally laughed (fake) the entire ride to the restaurant - it is the funniest laugh so I ended up laughing the whole trip there too. His laughing did not stop in the car......he proceeded to laugh at just about anyone that walked by our table (that is, if he was not busy eating food off our plates, even though we fed him before we left). The manager of the restaurant stopped by our table twice w/ Caleb laughing at him both times....he got a kick out of him and said Caleb made his night. :)
I had a nice night out w/ the boys! :)

This morning, we got up and headed to Home Depot after breakfast. We were lucky to find one of the carts that is shaped like a car and has a steering wheel attached. Caleb thought he was pretty cool driving the car, so Justin and I were able to take our time figuring out what we needed to buy. A few nice couples stopped to talk to Caleb along the way...fortunately, he didn't laugh at them like he did to everyone at the restaurant the night before. He did get excited to show off the steering wheel though when people paid attention to him.

We spent the rest of the day planting and playing outside. Justin did all of the planting while I kept my eye on Caleb....I think Monday we'll get the flowers, so it will be my turn to plant and his turn chase Caleb around. We'll take a picture of our final product soon (I hope).

We finished our night by heading to Culvers for a sandwich.....didn't leave room for the custard, which is why I wanted to go there in the first place. Next time, I'm skipping the burger and going straight to the custard.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im glad you guys are blogging again.

Looking good...

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home