Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Quickly Changing Isabella

I know I have blogged before about how I am not a big fan of Izzy's age....it's just a demanding/tiring age. But although she needs alot of attention and manages to destroy my house, there are a few cool things about this age:

1) she's so darn cute. She's just this little person who thinks she can do whatever everyone else is doing - - and she actually does a great job following along. It's just funny to see this teenie tiny adorable little human walking around acting like everyone else. It makes me laugh.

2) she is a human sponge. She learns new words every day and loves saying new things. She is getting so good at mimicking the sounds that other people are making....although sometimes this means copying sounds from her brothers, which is not always good (but they think it's hilarious).

3) she is getting so smart and really understands things. For awhile now, I have felt like she knows exactly what I'm talking about/saying. I can ask her a question and she answers "yes" or "no". I love that I can give her "things to do" and she just does them. The other day I handed her a "Cars Car" (which has a separate container from the matchbox cars) and asked her to put it away. She walked right by the matchbox cars and put it in the Cars bag. I was shocked - - not that she understood - - but that she could identify the differences in the cars and knew where it belonged.

4) she's sooo sweet. She's not much of a cuddler, but she loves to give hugs and kisses. She is the ultimate "greeter"...when a family member comes over, she runs to the door and has lots of love to give. When I pick her up after playing tennis she just lights up and runs over to me and hugs on me for a few minutes. It's so cute. She is also "into" kissing her stuffed animals...not with big sloopy kisses though. No, she likes to pucker up...like with fish lips...it's looks hilarious.

5) she's got some crazy facial expressions. She has a great fake smile and a mad face that may actually scare Sam.

My biggest worry right now is this. So....all three of my kids have done different things at this age when they wake up in their crib...and with the boys, this "thing" is actually a HUGE part of their personality. So...Caleb used to just sit in his crib and talk - no crying, just talking. Caleb is my talker. He talks NON-STOP. Sammy used to just jump in his crib - no crying or talking, just grabbed on to the rails and jumped away (I could leave him in there for a LONG time). Anyway, Sammy is my jumper...he seriously watches TV while jumping on the chair. So now Izzy...do you know what Izzy does right when she wakes up? She cries. No talking, no jumping...she just wakes up and cries/screams. This doesn't mean anything, right? I'm hoping that since she is in such a big "change" period right now, that this will change. I am even encouraging her to change by adding books/water to her crib. Unfortunately, so far this has meant her staying up "late" at night reading. No crying though...just a happy, talking girl up all night reading and tearing apart her books. Good times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home