Still Celebrating "5"
Well, as of 7:00pm tonight we were still celebrating, but I think the celebration of Caleb's 5th Birthday is NOW officially over. :) We had my whole family over for dinner tonight and Caleb was able to chose the menu. His choice: steak. He became a fan of steak the last time we went to my parents house for dinner. I think just about everyone was happy with his choice, especially Calian, who easily took care of 2 (aaah, to be a teenager again).
Caleb received some super cool gifts and was very excited about his cake that grandma made (Krypto the Superdog!!). He was also very happy to have everyone try out his new Wii game that Casey gave him. Having the whole family over was a very nice way to end the weekend.
I'll end the post with 2 favorite quotes from Caleb since being 5.
The other day I told the boys that if they wanted to play one of Caleb's new games, we had to pick up the mess in the living room first. They didn't seem interested in cleaning and I made a comment about why I should be the one to clean up after 5 people...how unfair that was. Caleb's response "mom, sometimes we just have to do things that aren't fair."
Caleb watched a dance performance the other day at preschool. The dancers were from India. In the car he said "mom, these dancers were from far away across the ocean....India. And a long long long time ago in India, they didn't have instruments so they used balls to make music. Yep, they didnt' have instruments way back then in India.....or iphones. Can you believe that, mom? They didn't even have iphones then."
Caleb received some super cool gifts and was very excited about his cake that grandma made (Krypto the Superdog!!). He was also very happy to have everyone try out his new Wii game that Casey gave him. Having the whole family over was a very nice way to end the weekend.
I'll end the post with 2 favorite quotes from Caleb since being 5.
The other day I told the boys that if they wanted to play one of Caleb's new games, we had to pick up the mess in the living room first. They didn't seem interested in cleaning and I made a comment about why I should be the one to clean up after 5 people...how unfair that was. Caleb's response "mom, sometimes we just have to do things that aren't fair."
Caleb watched a dance performance the other day at preschool. The dancers were from India. In the car he said "mom, these dancers were from far away across the ocean....India. And a long long long time ago in India, they didn't have instruments so they used balls to make music. Yep, they didnt' have instruments way back then in India.....or iphones. Can you believe that, mom? They didn't even have iphones then."


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home