The Ups & Downs
We had our share of ups and downs this week, but we made it through.....
Down: Caleb woke up at 4:00am on Wednesday w/ stomach flu and fever. He & I were planning on going on a field trip (w/ preschool) to a greenhouse that day. HUGE bummer. When I called to mention he wouldn't be in school, I told them he wouldn't be there on Thursday either (he was miserable).
Up: The sickness lasted only one day!! He was even up playing Wednesday afternoon.
Up #2: I already called him in sick for Thursday and it was beautiful outside on Thursday - - sunny and in the low 80s. We spent the entire day outside...boys had a blast. So did Izzy....okay, me too.
Down: I woke up w/ a migraine/stomachache on Friday....seriously could not imagine taking care of 3 kids. The thought almost brought tears to my eyes.
Down #2: Justin HAD to work in Chicago that day.
Up: Justin called my mom...grandma came over, got the kids ready and took them from my house so I could sleep sleep sleep.
Up: The quiet home allowed me to sleep and migraine was gone by noon.
Down: My floors have been full of sand all weekend - - even after I vacuum my usual 2 times/ day.
Up: The sand for the new big sandbox was delivered!!! The boys have LOVED playing in their new sandbox that Justin made. The huge smiles on the boys faces absolutely outweighs the extra mess.
Down: Justin had to leave around noon today for work.
Up: The boys were kept busy "helping" grandma & grandpa w/ yardwork (while I went grocery shopping w/ Izzy). We also all met up for dinner at a huge brat fry (fundraiser) at the fire department. Sam was thrilled to be at the fire station - - he talked to a firefighter (which, he told me ahead of time, he really wanted to do) and was able to sit in the firetruck - he thought he was sooo cool). The kids were happy to see grandma & grandpa again as well as Amy, Dave & Brayden. After dinner and time at the park, the boys walked to Amy's house to jump on the trampoline.
Up: After lots of fresh air and playing hard all weekend, the kids were tired and ready for bed!
Down: Caleb woke up at 4:00am on Wednesday w/ stomach flu and fever. He & I were planning on going on a field trip (w/ preschool) to a greenhouse that day. HUGE bummer. When I called to mention he wouldn't be in school, I told them he wouldn't be there on Thursday either (he was miserable).
Up: The sickness lasted only one day!! He was even up playing Wednesday afternoon.
Up #2: I already called him in sick for Thursday and it was beautiful outside on Thursday - - sunny and in the low 80s. We spent the entire day outside...boys had a blast. So did Izzy....okay, me too.
Down: I woke up w/ a migraine/stomachache on Friday....seriously could not imagine taking care of 3 kids. The thought almost brought tears to my eyes.
Down #2: Justin HAD to work in Chicago that day.
Up: Justin called my mom...grandma came over, got the kids ready and took them from my house so I could sleep sleep sleep.
Up: The quiet home allowed me to sleep and migraine was gone by noon.
Down: My floors have been full of sand all weekend - - even after I vacuum my usual 2 times/ day.
Up: The sand for the new big sandbox was delivered!!! The boys have LOVED playing in their new sandbox that Justin made. The huge smiles on the boys faces absolutely outweighs the extra mess.
Down: Justin had to leave around noon today for work.
Up: The boys were kept busy "helping" grandma & grandpa w/ yardwork (while I went grocery shopping w/ Izzy). We also all met up for dinner at a huge brat fry (fundraiser) at the fire department. Sam was thrilled to be at the fire station - - he talked to a firefighter (which, he told me ahead of time, he really wanted to do) and was able to sit in the firetruck - he thought he was sooo cool). The kids were happy to see grandma & grandpa again as well as Amy, Dave & Brayden. After dinner and time at the park, the boys walked to Amy's house to jump on the trampoline.
Up: After lots of fresh air and playing hard all weekend, the kids were tired and ready for bed!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home