Work Hard, Play Hard
That's what the boys did this weekend - all 3 of them. Although they did the opposite - they played hard first, and then they worked hard.
Saturday we all went to the SaturPlay open "gym" - all three kids had a blast - especially Caleb - he had friends there to run around with - I think he laughed the entire time he was there. After time spent running, biking, etc. there, Izzy & Justin went home and I took the boys to a birthday party at the Children's Museum. They both had a blast and ran off even more energy there. After all this playtime, the boys headed outside to help Justin with "tree removal" - they were outside most of the afternoon and came inside for pizza & movie night.
On Sunday, the boys were outside ALL afternoon (literally from 12:00 - 5:00) helping Justin. And while Caleb can be a good little helper, he enjoys his breaks and is occassionally found "looking for interesting things" or taking a stroll down the driveway on his scooter. He stayed pretty focused on Sunday though and really enjoyed the time outside with his daddy. Sammy, on the other hand, takes bathroom breaks only. Justin came inside and said (as if surprised) "Sammy would seriously work all day if I asked him." This, I knew.....tell the kid he needs to work (even cleaning) and he is happy. He is even happier if this work project involves being outside, no matter the temperature. He is definitely NOT a lazy person, nor do I think he will ever be (thank goodness...nothing more annoying to me).
Anyway, it was a good weekend....hard work, fun play, lots of fresh air and excellent family time. Aaaah - refreshing.
Saturday we all went to the SaturPlay open "gym" - all three kids had a blast - especially Caleb - he had friends there to run around with - I think he laughed the entire time he was there. After time spent running, biking, etc. there, Izzy & Justin went home and I took the boys to a birthday party at the Children's Museum. They both had a blast and ran off even more energy there. After all this playtime, the boys headed outside to help Justin with "tree removal" - they were outside most of the afternoon and came inside for pizza & movie night.
On Sunday, the boys were outside ALL afternoon (literally from 12:00 - 5:00) helping Justin. And while Caleb can be a good little helper, he enjoys his breaks and is occassionally found "looking for interesting things" or taking a stroll down the driveway on his scooter. He stayed pretty focused on Sunday though and really enjoyed the time outside with his daddy. Sammy, on the other hand, takes bathroom breaks only. Justin came inside and said (as if surprised) "Sammy would seriously work all day if I asked him." This, I knew.....tell the kid he needs to work (even cleaning) and he is happy. He is even happier if this work project involves being outside, no matter the temperature. He is definitely NOT a lazy person, nor do I think he will ever be (thank goodness...nothing more annoying to me).
Anyway, it was a good weekend....hard work, fun play, lots of fresh air and excellent family time. Aaaah - refreshing.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home