New Stuff
A few new things I keep meaning to write about lately.....
Isabella:
She can now put 2 signs together at once (more please, help please, more water). I think this is super cool. I also feel like right now she can REALLY understand alot of what I am telling her and she follows many of my instructions. She follows these commands well "go to your room and read books" "go give your brother a hug" "put your shoes away" "find your doggie". The other "new" thing w/ her is that she actually has an opinion on the shoes she wears. For the past few days, she brings me a different pair to put on ...and she does this a few times a day. Right now I think this is hilarious, but I know that soon it will lose it's cuteness. Izzy is also a very good participant at music class....she really acts like she belongs there, doing some of the motions and thoughtfully watching/listening to the teacher w/ her hands behind her back. It's so funny to watch her. Her new word to say (rather than sign) is "thank you"...I'm happy with this one.
Sam:
As long as we are talking about new words, here is Sam's favorite "new" word: certainly. He uses this word ALL the time. Example: "Sam do you want to take your jacket off?" "I certainly do."
"Sam, please go to bed." "well, certainly I can have a drink of water first."
I have really been surprised with how Sam acts/behaves in his classes/activities. He is SO well behaved and listens very well to the instructors and happily follows directions. The other day I was picking the kids up from the kid's room after I played tennis and I asked Sam if he was good and the woman who runs that area (and is there ALL the time) said "Sam is always good. He is just so laid back and he listens so well." This is not the Sam I have at home, but I'm happy he can be an angel somewhere.
Caleb:
Caleb's big news is that he has decided to give up Wii for lent. It all started when he overheard Justin and I talking about what we are giving up. He started by telling us he was going to give up Mario Kart and Justin said "do you know how long lent is?" When we told him his eyes got really big and we both commented on how long that is (even though he only gets to play on Saturdays). Caleb responded "No, that's not long - I thought you were going to say it was 100 days. I can give up all of Wii for 40 days!!" I didn't think he would last one weekend, but he has not even mentioned it....even on Saturdays. Crazy. I am SOOO happy he gave this up on his own...I'm not a big fan of video games.
Caleb continues to be obsessed with numbers and math. When I volunteered at his preschool a few weeks ago, I was happy to see how much math they were doing. During snack time and outdoor play, Miss Keeley was giving fun math word problems. Caleb was all over this and he frequently asks me, Justin or my mom to give him a math problem. He is getting really good. The other night the boys were in the bathtub ....
Sam: Mom, what is 2+2?
Caleb: 4
Sam (looks at me to see if Caleb is right)
Me: Yep.
Sam: What's 4+4?
Caleb: 8
Sam: What's 8+8?
Caleb: 16
Sam: What's 20+20+20?
Caleb: (smiling really big) oooh, that's a great math problem, Sam...just a minute....ummmm....(thinking)...60.
Me: Caleb, that is really good. How did you know that?
Caleb: Well, 2+2=4 and 2 more is 6 and 6 is like 60, but w/ a 0 at the end so I just knew it.
I have a horrible feeling that when he gets older and HE has problems in math, I won't be able to help him.
Isabella:
She can now put 2 signs together at once (more please, help please, more water). I think this is super cool. I also feel like right now she can REALLY understand alot of what I am telling her and she follows many of my instructions. She follows these commands well "go to your room and read books" "go give your brother a hug" "put your shoes away" "find your doggie". The other "new" thing w/ her is that she actually has an opinion on the shoes she wears. For the past few days, she brings me a different pair to put on ...and she does this a few times a day. Right now I think this is hilarious, but I know that soon it will lose it's cuteness. Izzy is also a very good participant at music class....she really acts like she belongs there, doing some of the motions and thoughtfully watching/listening to the teacher w/ her hands behind her back. It's so funny to watch her. Her new word to say (rather than sign) is "thank you"...I'm happy with this one.
Sam:
As long as we are talking about new words, here is Sam's favorite "new" word: certainly. He uses this word ALL the time. Example: "Sam do you want to take your jacket off?" "I certainly do."
"Sam, please go to bed." "well, certainly I can have a drink of water first."
I have really been surprised with how Sam acts/behaves in his classes/activities. He is SO well behaved and listens very well to the instructors and happily follows directions. The other day I was picking the kids up from the kid's room after I played tennis and I asked Sam if he was good and the woman who runs that area (and is there ALL the time) said "Sam is always good. He is just so laid back and he listens so well." This is not the Sam I have at home, but I'm happy he can be an angel somewhere.
Caleb:
Caleb's big news is that he has decided to give up Wii for lent. It all started when he overheard Justin and I talking about what we are giving up. He started by telling us he was going to give up Mario Kart and Justin said "do you know how long lent is?" When we told him his eyes got really big and we both commented on how long that is (even though he only gets to play on Saturdays). Caleb responded "No, that's not long - I thought you were going to say it was 100 days. I can give up all of Wii for 40 days!!" I didn't think he would last one weekend, but he has not even mentioned it....even on Saturdays. Crazy. I am SOOO happy he gave this up on his own...I'm not a big fan of video games.
Caleb continues to be obsessed with numbers and math. When I volunteered at his preschool a few weeks ago, I was happy to see how much math they were doing. During snack time and outdoor play, Miss Keeley was giving fun math word problems. Caleb was all over this and he frequently asks me, Justin or my mom to give him a math problem. He is getting really good. The other night the boys were in the bathtub ....
Sam: Mom, what is 2+2?
Caleb: 4
Sam (looks at me to see if Caleb is right)
Me: Yep.
Sam: What's 4+4?
Caleb: 8
Sam: What's 8+8?
Caleb: 16
Sam: What's 20+20+20?
Caleb: (smiling really big) oooh, that's a great math problem, Sam...just a minute....ummmm....(thinking)...60.
Me: Caleb, that is really good. How did you know that?
Caleb: Well, 2+2=4 and 2 more is 6 and 6 is like 60, but w/ a 0 at the end so I just knew it.
I have a horrible feeling that when he gets older and HE has problems in math, I won't be able to help him.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home