A Super (Bowl) Weekend!
I seriously can't believe how fast our weeks go by....but I guess I do pack in alot for us to do in a week and that makes it all go so fast.
Last week was good...playgroup, music class and tiny tot camp for Sam. Caleb had a nice week in school - - they were outside every day, which is soooo good for them - the weather was great. I got Sammy out one day when it snowed... big, perfect snowflakes...and it was sunny, no wind and in the 30s. Perfect day to get him out while Izzy napped.
And although the boys were able to get outside during the week, they still had a TON of energy and just needed to run around. So...on Saturday, I dropped Izzy off at Grandma's and I took the boys to "Saturday Play" at the Early Learning Center,which is a HUGE preschool with a very cool downstairs area. About 2 Saturdays/month they open it up to the public for a few hours and this was our first time going. The boys had a BLAST...there is literally a "tricycle path"...lined like a street that goes around a huge open area. There are about 15 very nice tricycles (an not your typical tricycle....like huge ones, so a 4 year old doesn't look silly on them...Sammy was too small for some of them). Anyway, the boys biked for at least an hour, road on scooters, climbed, played basketball, soccer and then made Valentine's and had a snack (all of this provided by the rec department...and all for the low low price of $5 per family. Crazy.) I am bringing my camera next time.
After Saturday Play, Casey came over with Mallie. I'm not sure if the kids remembered each other, but they certainly got along like they used to (which means no fighting and lots of laughing/chasing/fun). They played games, painted wooden hearts, made necklaces and then we ordered pizza. Such a nice Saturday.
Sunday, my family came over to watch the Superbowl. The boys were SOOO excited for this. Casey had to work, but the rest of the family was over...and they brought yummy food. My dad made chicken wings, my mom made egg rolls and Amy & I were in charge of appetizers. Good game, great food, perfect company.
I have not been good about taking pictures lately....I posted this pic of the boys b/c I think it's a silly thing that they are really into lately. Caleb LOVES checkers and Sammy is really enjoying it now too. It's just funny that they start out playing soccer in our living room, turn it into a wrestling match, followed by a UFC fight....and then they grab the checkers and sit down at the kitchen table and play nicely. I seriously have weird kids.
Last week was good...playgroup, music class and tiny tot camp for Sam. Caleb had a nice week in school - - they were outside every day, which is soooo good for them - the weather was great. I got Sammy out one day when it snowed... big, perfect snowflakes...and it was sunny, no wind and in the 30s. Perfect day to get him out while Izzy napped.
And although the boys were able to get outside during the week, they still had a TON of energy and just needed to run around. So...on Saturday, I dropped Izzy off at Grandma's and I took the boys to "Saturday Play" at the Early Learning Center,which is a HUGE preschool with a very cool downstairs area. About 2 Saturdays/month they open it up to the public for a few hours and this was our first time going. The boys had a BLAST...there is literally a "tricycle path"...lined like a street that goes around a huge open area. There are about 15 very nice tricycles (an not your typical tricycle....like huge ones, so a 4 year old doesn't look silly on them...Sammy was too small for some of them). Anyway, the boys biked for at least an hour, road on scooters, climbed, played basketball, soccer and then made Valentine's and had a snack (all of this provided by the rec department...and all for the low low price of $5 per family. Crazy.) I am bringing my camera next time.
After Saturday Play, Casey came over with Mallie. I'm not sure if the kids remembered each other, but they certainly got along like they used to (which means no fighting and lots of laughing/chasing/fun). They played games, painted wooden hearts, made necklaces and then we ordered pizza. Such a nice Saturday.
Sunday, my family came over to watch the Superbowl. The boys were SOOO excited for this. Casey had to work, but the rest of the family was over...and they brought yummy food. My dad made chicken wings, my mom made egg rolls and Amy & I were in charge of appetizers. Good game, great food, perfect company.
I have not been good about taking pictures lately....I posted this pic of the boys b/c I think it's a silly thing that they are really into lately. Caleb LOVES checkers and Sammy is really enjoying it now too. It's just funny that they start out playing soccer in our living room, turn it into a wrestling match, followed by a UFC fight....and then they grab the checkers and sit down at the kitchen table and play nicely. I seriously have weird kids.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home