Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, January 03, 2010

Celebrating the New Year and Amy's Birthday

Happy New Year!

So the kids still don't quite understand New Years and while I tried to make it a party for them, they were happy to just have a noise maker, movie night and to see grandma & grandpa. My parents came over for dinner, drinks & games and we all had a really good time. Nice way to celebrate the New Year.

New Years Day is my sister's Birthday (and if you count all the candles on the cake you can see that this was a big one...ha). We brought the "party" to her house....meaning, we showed up and my parents brought a yummy dinner for everyone! :)

The rest of the week was pretty uneventful. Caleb went to a Birthday party on Tuesday, which was actually perfect timing...I think he needed to spend time with his friends again (and to get away from everyone else!!). Other than the Birthday party, the boys helped Justin clean out the garage, they spent alittle time being pulled on the sled by the 4 wheeler and are enjoying their new toys. Sammy really enjoys playing board games now so we have been doing ALOT of that lately.

Isabella had her 12 month doctor appointment (plus 5 shots!!) this past week. While the doctor was examing her, Izzy signed "water" and impressed the doctor with her communication skills. I have to say that it IS delightful that instead of whining/screaming b/c of thirst, that she is just able to wave her hand a certain way to let me know (quietly!!) that she needs water. She learns new signs very quickly now too. She continues to be about average on height, but is only 19 pounds (about 25% for weight). She is walking better every day, but she gets so excited that she practically runs....and then falls. She runs well (and alot) with her walker (or any big toy with wheels). The boys will be chasing each other around the house and she is seriously running right behing them and laughing/screaming. She is going to be a handful....which reminds me...Justin is back to work tomorrow and I have all three kids on my own. Why am I still awake? I need to rest up for my busy week ahead!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home