Name:
Location: United States

Friday, December 04, 2009

No Grinches Here

We have really been having fun lately doing all the Christmasy things....watching fun Christmas shows/movies, playing a new Christmas Wii game (early Christmas present for Caleb), dancing to/singing holiday music, decorating the tree, making ornaments....the list goes on and on (and I haven't even had them in the kitchen w/ me yet making holiday goodies). Tonight both boys put on their Santa PJs (and I already had Izzy in hers) so I thought I'd try to take a picture of them all (not too successful).

This morning, before he even ate his breakfast, Caleb got out a piece of paper and an a pencil and made an advent calendar (with no help at all from me). He wrote his numbers to 25 and put a box around each one...and then checked off each day up to today. THEN he ate. He and Sam were both sooo excited to make pine cone ornaments this afternoon (see pics).

I will end with a funny thing Caleb said today while eating lunch. We were talking about his school and he said something about singing Christmas songs there. I told him that I doubted they would sing Christmas songs in school like last year (last year he went to a christian preschool...this year, very liberal preschool).

Caleb: Why don't you think we'll sing Christmas songs there?
Me: Because not everyone celebrates Christmas.
Caleb: Not everyone celebrates Christmas???!!!
Me: No, they celebrate other things instead.
Caleb: So what do you call people who don't celebrate Christmas, Grinches??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home