Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, October 29, 2009

A Good Big Brother

Today I spent alot of time with Sammy....he is still sick and I wanted him to stay settled so I was on the floor ALOT with him today. We did the same giant fire truck floor puzzle maybe 8 times. :) Anyway, since I was playing more with Sam and less with Isabella & Caleb, Caleb stepped up for me today (without me even asking) and helped me with Izzy alot. I would not have taken these pics of Izzy & Caleb (click to see more) but I had the camera in my hand already b/c Sam wanted me to take pictures of big turkeys in the yard. When I went back to the living room, Caleb was laying down and holding Izzy on top of him...and Izzy was thrilled. :)

In addition to helping me by entertaining his little sister, Caleb helped me do my job by 1) telling me that Izzy was awake from her nap (I was sitting right there w/ him and didn't hear her....I thought only moms could hear those cries...apparently big brother ears are even better). 2) as he was sitting w/ Izzy (in pic) he kissed her on the head and said "ooh, mom. Izzy feels warm. I think you should take her temperature." I thanked him and told him that she was okay, but he still insisted that I take her temperature b/c he felt her head again and assured me that she really was warm and he really thought she had a fever. She did not have a fever...just a very caring big brother. :)

He started off the day with a silly comment at the breakfast table. I just finished picking up a dead fly off the floor (eeww) and a few minutes later he looked up from his toast and...
Caleb: I wish my name was TriCaleb.
Me:TRI-Caleb?
Caleb:Yes, that way, I'd have 3 hands instead of 2 and I could use one to hold a phone, one to hold my toast and one to get the fly.
Me: (with a big smile on my face) How did you know that "tri" means "three"?
Caleb: Miss Keeley taught me.

Definitely picked the right preschool for this kid....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home