Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, October 04, 2009

A Mother's Intuition

We had a really great day yesterday, but at like 3:00 I had a strange feeling that Caleb was going to be sick that night and I was already mentally preparing myself. He went to soccer in the morning and played really well and had a great time. After soccer, Dave came over and picked up Sam & Caleb and took them w/ him to help Calian's soccer team load pumpkins onto a trailer (fundraiser). They had a *blast* (and Justin & I enjoyed the unexpected break) and they came home very hungry...Caleb devoured 2 sandwiches, pretzels, cheese and an apple. But at about 3:00 he complained that his throat hurt and I could tell by looking into his eyes that he was not well. Justin was gone last night and I was planning on ordering pizza for me & the boys, but I had a feeling that Caleb was going to be sick and I ...well, didn't want to clean up pizza in the middle of the night. I choose something else for dinner. At about 9:00 I heard him moaning in his room and I checked his temperature and decided to give him medicine. On my way to the side of the bed, I grabbed a "bucket" and sure enough, it was used. I was so glad I had those feelings and 1) didn't order pizza and 2) grabbed a bucket!! He never complained about his stomach, but I still knew it was going to happen. It's crazy how moms just know these things.

Poor kid was moaning all night. He was much better today but didn't eat much and didn't care that Sam & I were outside all afternoon.

Here is a funny conversation Caleb & I had while I was trying to give him the medicine:

Me: Caleb, will you pls take this medicine? It will make you feel much better.
Caleb: No, I don't want to.
Me:Caleb, please take this. Sit up, bud.
Caleb: No, I won't. I'm not taking that.
(I run downstairs, put the medicine in some pop)
Me: Caleb, here....drink this pop.
Caleb: I dont' want any pop.
Me: Just drink this. It will make you better.
Caleb: No
Me: I'll give you jelly bellies.
Caleb: I don't want jelly bellies.
Me: I will let you watch fantasy football all day tomorrow.
Caleb: All day?
Me: Yep.
Caleb: Okay.

Caleb watched football almost all day....and he had my laptop so he could watch the fantasy football scoreboard. He's such a guy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

UNbelieveable! I can't believe he is so up & up on fantasy football! GREAT bargaining tool!

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home