Has it Really Been 9 Months?
Wow. Nine months ago today my little Iz was born. She had her doctor's appointment today and we met a new doctor, who I think all 3 kids will really like. I felt comfortable going to her b/c it's actually the wife of one of my old high school friends. Nice. Anway, I know many of you won't believe me when I say that she has fallen BELOW the 50% for weight. She weighed in at 18 pounds and is 26.5 inches long (about 20%). She didn't have to have any immunizations shots today (yeah!!) but she did get a flu shot. She cried for a whole 3 seconds and then Sammy made her laugh...such a good brother to her (well, unless she "messes up his cars"). She took a good nap today and then spent lots of time playing on the floor with cars, trucks & balls. This mess is seriously hers. Click on pic and you'll see she gets her own cars out. If she sees something she wants, she gets really excited, kicks her legs, screams and then army crawls as fast as she can to whatever it is she wants.
We had a really nice weekend. Saturday, Caleb had soccer, Sam had his 1st gymnastics class and Izzy spent time with Grandma & Grandpa. In the afternoon, I took the kids to Elkhart Lake - Calian & Brayden were both in a soccer tournament there. The boys love going to their games and Justin was needing time w/o distraction to work on our basement. We had a good time there - - Caleb showed off his new soccer skills and watched alittle of each game. Sam seriously played soccer the ENTIRE time we were there (3 hours)...fortunately my parents and nephews are always willing to kick the ball around with him and help me wear him out.
Sunday we went to church and hung out at our place the rest of the afternoon - it was beautiful out. I think I mentioned before that my family has a fantasy football league and Caleb has his own team. We have turned him into a FF nut. He is obsessed with watching ANY football game and then keeping track of the scores on our FF internet site. It's hilarious. Sam & Jasper (neighbors) came over to play and before he went outside he asked "well, is the game on outside?" (there is a TV in the garage...I know it's ridiculous but it was there when we moved here). I must say though, that he is practicing his math skills by watching so intently. If the score is 120-125, he know that he is 5 points behind his opponent. And when someone's score jumps from 33-36 he quickly says "Oh - grandpa just scored 3 points!". Who needs math in prechool when there is fantasy football?
I will end w/ my favorite quote from the weekend. Naturally, it comes from Sam. I'm in the kitchen drinking coffee, watching the Today Show with Iz....Caleb & Sam playing cars in the living room.
Caleb: SAM, do NOT stick your tongue out at me. That's not nice.
Sam: I'm not. I'm cleaning my face.
We had a really nice weekend. Saturday, Caleb had soccer, Sam had his 1st gymnastics class and Izzy spent time with Grandma & Grandpa. In the afternoon, I took the kids to Elkhart Lake - Calian & Brayden were both in a soccer tournament there. The boys love going to their games and Justin was needing time w/o distraction to work on our basement. We had a good time there - - Caleb showed off his new soccer skills and watched alittle of each game. Sam seriously played soccer the ENTIRE time we were there (3 hours)...fortunately my parents and nephews are always willing to kick the ball around with him and help me wear him out.
Sunday we went to church and hung out at our place the rest of the afternoon - it was beautiful out. I think I mentioned before that my family has a fantasy football league and Caleb has his own team. We have turned him into a FF nut. He is obsessed with watching ANY football game and then keeping track of the scores on our FF internet site. It's hilarious. Sam & Jasper (neighbors) came over to play and before he went outside he asked "well, is the game on outside?" (there is a TV in the garage...I know it's ridiculous but it was there when we moved here). I must say though, that he is practicing his math skills by watching so intently. If the score is 120-125, he know that he is 5 points behind his opponent. And when someone's score jumps from 33-36 he quickly says "Oh - grandpa just scored 3 points!". Who needs math in prechool when there is fantasy football?
I will end w/ my favorite quote from the weekend. Naturally, it comes from Sam. I'm in the kitchen drinking coffee, watching the Today Show with Iz....Caleb & Sam playing cars in the living room.
Caleb: SAM, do NOT stick your tongue out at me. That's not nice.
Sam: I'm not. I'm cleaning my face.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home