A Weekend in Indy
We made our 1st trip from Wisconsin to Indy this past weekend....7.5 hours on the way there (actual time in the car) and 6 hours on the way back home. I thought it was going to be a miserable experience after we hit Milwaukee (45 minutes away) and Sam said "okay, I need to get out of the car now. Are we almost there?" My response "Oh buddy, we are not even close, but we ARE close to picking up daddy from work!!" So...on the way there, we stopped downtown Chicago and had lunch at McKinsey...it was a great break for the kids and it was delightful for me to hang out and see some of my old work colleagues.
So...we arrived in Franklin on Friday night and headed to Chris & Jen's place on Saturday afternoon. The boys were very excited to spend time at their cousins house.....it had been 2 years since we had been there and Sammy never thought he had ever been to "Alex & Zachy's house". The boys had a blast there - - it was a perfect day so the boys played outside most of the time (sandbox, swingset, train table, soccer, scooters, bikes, baseball....) and even Izzy spent time on the swing (see pics). Jen whipped up some yummy apps and Chris put ribs on the grill....wonderful. We all had a really nice day there and the kids got along great. Caleb was actually disappointed that he couldn't have a slumber party w/ Alex...he seriously thought he was going to sleep over....even packed a separate bag on his own to take there - hahaha. I seriously thought this was odd b/c neither Justin nor I ever mentioned staying overnight at "Alex's house".
Usually on our trips to Indy, we only see Chris's family once...this time, we were able to hang out two times! They headed to Justin's parents house on Monday. I think the highlight of Labor Day was launching Alex (or Chris's) rockets (see pics). Again, the boys spent lots of time outside - - riding scooters and playing basketball or soccer. And while the older boys played basketball, Sammy & Granddad played in Granddad's truck - - Sammy was obsessed with being in the big pickup truck and he probably asked Granddad a million questions about how the truck works. I think this might have been Sam's highlight of the day....he had his Granddad all to himself and he was able to play in a big truck!!
We headed back first thing Tuesday morning and made it home around 3:30. We had my entire family over at around 5:30 for our Fantasy Football Draft!! :) It was a good thing they were all over b/c my kids were WOUND UP after being in the car for so long. Anyway - I'm excited about Fantasy Football this year!! Caleb has a team and he thoroughly enjoyed sitting on the couch w/ Calian, eating popcorn and picking out names that sounded cool to join his team. So fun.
I will end the post with a funny thing Sam said today...so we were outside, Izzy in her excersaucer...she grabbed Sam and scratched his arm. He yells and gives the excersaucer a gentle kick. I scold him for kicking the excersaucer and he turns his back to her and just stands there for a second.... then he starts walking away and he turns and looks at me with a scowl on his face and says "hmmmph, I tooted at her." I seriously don't know where he gets this stuff.
So...we arrived in Franklin on Friday night and headed to Chris & Jen's place on Saturday afternoon. The boys were very excited to spend time at their cousins house.....it had been 2 years since we had been there and Sammy never thought he had ever been to "Alex & Zachy's house". The boys had a blast there - - it was a perfect day so the boys played outside most of the time (sandbox, swingset, train table, soccer, scooters, bikes, baseball....) and even Izzy spent time on the swing (see pics). Jen whipped up some yummy apps and Chris put ribs on the grill....wonderful. We all had a really nice day there and the kids got along great. Caleb was actually disappointed that he couldn't have a slumber party w/ Alex...he seriously thought he was going to sleep over....even packed a separate bag on his own to take there - hahaha. I seriously thought this was odd b/c neither Justin nor I ever mentioned staying overnight at "Alex's house".
Usually on our trips to Indy, we only see Chris's family once...this time, we were able to hang out two times! They headed to Justin's parents house on Monday. I think the highlight of Labor Day was launching Alex (or Chris's) rockets (see pics). Again, the boys spent lots of time outside - - riding scooters and playing basketball or soccer. And while the older boys played basketball, Sammy & Granddad played in Granddad's truck - - Sammy was obsessed with being in the big pickup truck and he probably asked Granddad a million questions about how the truck works. I think this might have been Sam's highlight of the day....he had his Granddad all to himself and he was able to play in a big truck!!
We headed back first thing Tuesday morning and made it home around 3:30. We had my entire family over at around 5:30 for our Fantasy Football Draft!! :) It was a good thing they were all over b/c my kids were WOUND UP after being in the car for so long. Anyway - I'm excited about Fantasy Football this year!! Caleb has a team and he thoroughly enjoyed sitting on the couch w/ Calian, eating popcorn and picking out names that sounded cool to join his team. So fun.
I will end the post with a funny thing Sam said today...so we were outside, Izzy in her excersaucer...she grabbed Sam and scratched his arm. He yells and gives the excersaucer a gentle kick. I scold him for kicking the excersaucer and he turns his back to her and just stands there for a second.... then he starts walking away and he turns and looks at me with a scowl on his face and says "hmmmph, I tooted at her." I seriously don't know where he gets this stuff.


1 Comments:
Hey, at least toots don't leave scars or make for ER visits.
Post a Comment
<< Home