Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, September 03, 2009

WOW....What a Slam

I've been slammed by an "anonymous" reader to the blog...apparently, my last blog about the boys and their new friends was offensive. I deleted it, but will continue writing more about these boys b/c I suspect (and hope) my boys will continue to play with them. Apparently, I was judgemental. Other than mentioning that the boys were very nice and well-behaved, I mentioned that the younger one was one of the most competitive kids I have ever known. If you know me well, you'll know that that was NOT an insult, but rather a compliment!! I am guilty of being the same way and actually think a competitive nature is a good trait to have. And yes, I am guilty of praising my own kids...what mom doesn't do that? I certainly don't think my kids are perfect, but this blog is actually meant for them to have as a journal when they are older so they can read about what they were doing at each stage in their lives. I am also a "half full" type person, and at the end of the day when I typically write, I'd like to remember the good and not the bad from our day so that is what I write (yet I still capture areas of frustration I have with each child).

And for the record, the neighbor boys are much better behaved than my own children...I think I wrote about how well behaved they were in another blog and have told family/friends that I'm nervous to have my own children around them b/c MY boys fight(those boys do not) and rude things come out of my kids' mouths...especially Sam's (his favorite thing to say is "poopy butt").

The only other thing I can suggest to the "anonymous" reader is this: if my blog makes you want to stick your finger down your throat, just don't read it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry about this. Anyone can read any blog and take it out of context. Even if you know the people, you can take things out of context. It happens in the workplace all the time. I even coach people on how to read messages without filters - so misunderstandings are less frequent. I would tell the poster who said you were judgemental that "The Black Kettle" is calling them.

4:24 PM  
Anonymous Jenny said...

OMG! People need to remember that a blog is exactly that - A Personal Blog! Yours - for your thoughts and stories. If people don't like it...don't read it!

BTW - my entire family is competitive - not sure that is a negative thing. I rather take it as a compliment.

Some people just annoy me...

7:39 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

puh-lease! It wasn't me! But this is a great rebuttle!

9:30 PM  
Blogger Renay said...

Seriously?! I have the exact same goals when I write: document my kid's lives and yes, you DO want to focus on the positive!! I'm sorry if someone had negative comments for you! ignore, ignore!! (but I do like a good rebuttle and yours WAS good!)

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home