Leaving the Training Wheels Behind....
I'm sure this is not a permanent thing YET, but Caleb decided to lose training wheels today. To make it easy on him (and Justin/me) we decided to train him on Sam's bike....alittle smaller so he would feel more secure. Justin also took the pedals off for starters so he could coast down the driveway hill and get a good feel of what it's like to balance on the 2 wheels. He did GREAT (no falls!) After a few attempts, he made it all the way down the driveway, touching his feet to the ground only one time! We were all cheering for him....even Sam sat in the jeep and watched him and clapped for him. Fortunately, Sam did not ask to try it too. Phew.
I'm sure Caleb will be back on his big bike with the training wheels soon (he prefers to go fast on 4 wheels than alittle unsure on 2) but at least he is trying. Hopefully by the end of the summer he will be fast and secure on just 2 wheels....and Sam will still be content with 4. I can only hope.
I'm sure Caleb will be back on his big bike with the training wheels soon (he prefers to go fast on 4 wheels than alittle unsure on 2) but at least he is trying. Hopefully by the end of the summer he will be fast and secure on just 2 wheels....and Sam will still be content with 4. I can only hope.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home