Fun & Busy Weekend
We have had a fun last few days....
Friday was Caleb's last day of Art Camp - - at 11:30, grandma, Justin, Sam, Izy and I watched him perform on stage w/ all his new little friends. They sang, showed us yoga moves and danced (click on this pic to see). Then Caleb showed us through the art gallery (which is very cool, btw) and then we headed back to the classroom to find all of his art displayed....very cool stuff. He made ceramic bookends, a picture frame, paintings, necklace, a stamped bag and of course, his journal. He was SO excited to show us around and show off his artwork (as well as his new t-shirt he made). Very cool camp - I was impressed.
Saturday, my friend Dana came over with her two kids. Jack is 4 and Julia is 2...perfect! Dana & I have been great friends since 1st grade and I am SO glad to have moved closer to her. She lives about an hour from our place, but they are building a lake home about 10 minutes from us so I suspect I'll be seeing her alot during the summertime. :) Our kids get along really well (and always have) so it's always easy/nice to get together...Dana & I are able to catch up and not have to worry much about the kids. Sam & Julia are really cute together (see more pics) and they have very similar personalities....yes, they are trouble together. Cute, but trouble.
Saturday night we had movie night - and it was our 1st movie night in the basement w/ the big screen! We watched Coraline, and Caleb LOVED that it was 3-D movie....but didn't love that it was kinda scary (he still liked it alot, but not our best movie choice....still better than a movie w/ guns/violence though). As a side note, I just picked up a Superman movie for Caleb the other day, just for something different to watch and I was seriously SHOCKED w/ all the violence...I turned it off and told him he could watch it when he was 5. He must not have really liked it b/c he didn't care at all. His favorite show right now: Cyberchase. And no, Sam still doesn't watch TV. He loves movie night, but only b/c he gets to stay up late and eat popcorn.
Today was HOT HOT HOT. We started the day by going to 10:30 church. Caleb was thrilled when he saw his friend Hugo there - hahaha. The boys did great again...in fact, an old man sitting behind us patted Caleb on the back after mass and told him what a good boy he was. After church we headed to "Lakeshore Wknd for Kids" which was really a fundraiser for Children's Memorial Hospital in Milwaukee. After a yummy lunch there, the boys enjoyed riding ponies, playing games, and eating ice cream. A former Packer player was in the dunk tank and the boys thought it was fun to watch him fall into the water. This afternoon the boys played outside in the rain...there was no lightening and it was still hot so it felt sooo good and they thought it was cool to bike/scooter/jeep in the rain.
In other news...Sam continues to use the potty a few times a day. He's afraid to poop in the toilet though...and until he goes, he's going to wear pull-ups. I just can't deal with accidents and I'm hoping he follows Caleb's footsteps and doesn't have ANY.
Isabella has a new word...."dada". She is very happy to have new sounds come out of her mouth...and speaking of, she was REALLY singing in church today - and loudly. I kept trying to shove the pacifier in her mouth but she would spit it back out and me, smile, kick her legs and sing.
Friday was Caleb's last day of Art Camp - - at 11:30, grandma, Justin, Sam, Izy and I watched him perform on stage w/ all his new little friends. They sang, showed us yoga moves and danced (click on this pic to see). Then Caleb showed us through the art gallery (which is very cool, btw) and then we headed back to the classroom to find all of his art displayed....very cool stuff. He made ceramic bookends, a picture frame, paintings, necklace, a stamped bag and of course, his journal. He was SO excited to show us around and show off his artwork (as well as his new t-shirt he made). Very cool camp - I was impressed.
Saturday, my friend Dana came over with her two kids. Jack is 4 and Julia is 2...perfect! Dana & I have been great friends since 1st grade and I am SO glad to have moved closer to her. She lives about an hour from our place, but they are building a lake home about 10 minutes from us so I suspect I'll be seeing her alot during the summertime. :) Our kids get along really well (and always have) so it's always easy/nice to get together...Dana & I are able to catch up and not have to worry much about the kids. Sam & Julia are really cute together (see more pics) and they have very similar personalities....yes, they are trouble together. Cute, but trouble.
Saturday night we had movie night - and it was our 1st movie night in the basement w/ the big screen! We watched Coraline, and Caleb LOVED that it was 3-D movie....but didn't love that it was kinda scary (he still liked it alot, but not our best movie choice....still better than a movie w/ guns/violence though). As a side note, I just picked up a Superman movie for Caleb the other day, just for something different to watch and I was seriously SHOCKED w/ all the violence...I turned it off and told him he could watch it when he was 5. He must not have really liked it b/c he didn't care at all. His favorite show right now: Cyberchase. And no, Sam still doesn't watch TV. He loves movie night, but only b/c he gets to stay up late and eat popcorn.
Today was HOT HOT HOT. We started the day by going to 10:30 church. Caleb was thrilled when he saw his friend Hugo there - hahaha. The boys did great again...in fact, an old man sitting behind us patted Caleb on the back after mass and told him what a good boy he was. After church we headed to "Lakeshore Wknd for Kids" which was really a fundraiser for Children's Memorial Hospital in Milwaukee. After a yummy lunch there, the boys enjoyed riding ponies, playing games, and eating ice cream. A former Packer player was in the dunk tank and the boys thought it was fun to watch him fall into the water. This afternoon the boys played outside in the rain...there was no lightening and it was still hot so it felt sooo good and they thought it was cool to bike/scooter/jeep in the rain.
In other news...Sam continues to use the potty a few times a day. He's afraid to poop in the toilet though...and until he goes, he's going to wear pull-ups. I just can't deal with accidents and I'm hoping he follows Caleb's footsteps and doesn't have ANY.
Isabella has a new word...."dada". She is very happy to have new sounds come out of her mouth...and speaking of, she was REALLY singing in church today - and loudly. I kept trying to shove the pacifier in her mouth but she would spit it back out and me, smile, kick her legs and sing.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home