Happy to be in Wisconsin
Aaaaah, we've made it. And after a week of living in our new home, we finally have cable, phone service and the internet!! Yippeee!! There is a life outside of these boxes!! I can't believe my family made it w/o TV for a week (and I can't believe I missed the Wimbledon finals!!!)
It has been a crazy move...crazy, b/c doing ANYTHING with our 3 kids is just not easy, so a move is just *alittle* challenging. Fortunately, we have had ALOT of help. Amy & her boys arrived right away with food, beverages and they helped SO much...Amy & I unpacked a ton of boxes right away and Calian & Brayden helped Justin move a bunch of stuff into the attic and the shed (which is far from the house). They came back a second time to help too....sooo helpful. My mom & dad have unpacked boxes, watched the kids and let us back into their home for meals! My dad even started a garden for me (at their place) and planted my new vegetable plants here yesterday. We are so spoiled!! And Casey has been over to play with the kids, which is what Casey does best. He and Caleb painted yesterday...I should've unpacked more boxes then, but just felt like sitting and hanging out with them instead.
We took a break from the mess to enjoy the 4th of July. We met my parents & Casey at the parade in the morning - - the boys love parades, so they had a blast. Although I enjoy a good parade and fireworks, I am ALL about the food on the 4th of July. My dad made his famous ribs (which he always makes on the 4th, but I think this years was one of his best...unbelievable) and my mom made lots of yummy stuff to go with it. With our bellies full, we headed to the lake to find a good spot to watch the fireworks. Caleb loved them, Sammy occassionally would sit down on my dad's lap to watch, but thought it was more fun to jump up & down in the wagon (even though it was 9:30pm) and Izzy slept through most of it...she occassionally would wake up, peek at me, smile and fall back to sleep. Great fireworks and very nice 4th of July.
We have lots to do in the house still....unpacking, painting, alittle remodeling, decorating, etc. And while it doesn't feel all warm and cozy yet, the boys have not seemed to mind at all. They are LOVING it here - especially the yard and the driveway (I'll take pics soon)....they are outside alot and are constantly on bikes, scooters, jeeps, carrying shovels, rakes, pushing wheelbarrows, kicking soccer balls, playing baseball....they are going non-stop. They are also really enjoying our screened-in porch on the back. It's the perfect place to watch birds, eat their meals and according to Sam, play with matchbox cars.
I have 2 NEW favorite times of the day....1) I actually don't mind getting up with the boys in the morning...eating breakfast here is so peaceful - and we all are "into" all the birds, so we eat our breakfast while listening to the birds (no yelling...it's a rule). Coffee on the porch is absolutely delightful 2) getting our mail. I know, it sounds funny (and we aren't even getting our mail yet...just previous owners magazines) But I think getting the mail is so funny...it's seriously a hike to the mailbox, so I put Izzy in her stroller, Caleb & Sam each pick something to ride and the 4 of us make our way to the mailbox. Today, Caleb rode his bike and Sam took the wheelbarrow....and wheeled 8 magazines back to the house. hilarious.
I'll post pics of the kids enjoying their new yard soon!
It has been a crazy move...crazy, b/c doing ANYTHING with our 3 kids is just not easy, so a move is just *alittle* challenging. Fortunately, we have had ALOT of help. Amy & her boys arrived right away with food, beverages and they helped SO much...Amy & I unpacked a ton of boxes right away and Calian & Brayden helped Justin move a bunch of stuff into the attic and the shed (which is far from the house). They came back a second time to help too....sooo helpful. My mom & dad have unpacked boxes, watched the kids and let us back into their home for meals! My dad even started a garden for me (at their place) and planted my new vegetable plants here yesterday. We are so spoiled!! And Casey has been over to play with the kids, which is what Casey does best. He and Caleb painted yesterday...I should've unpacked more boxes then, but just felt like sitting and hanging out with them instead.
We took a break from the mess to enjoy the 4th of July. We met my parents & Casey at the parade in the morning - - the boys love parades, so they had a blast. Although I enjoy a good parade and fireworks, I am ALL about the food on the 4th of July. My dad made his famous ribs (which he always makes on the 4th, but I think this years was one of his best...unbelievable) and my mom made lots of yummy stuff to go with it. With our bellies full, we headed to the lake to find a good spot to watch the fireworks. Caleb loved them, Sammy occassionally would sit down on my dad's lap to watch, but thought it was more fun to jump up & down in the wagon (even though it was 9:30pm) and Izzy slept through most of it...she occassionally would wake up, peek at me, smile and fall back to sleep. Great fireworks and very nice 4th of July.
We have lots to do in the house still....unpacking, painting, alittle remodeling, decorating, etc. And while it doesn't feel all warm and cozy yet, the boys have not seemed to mind at all. They are LOVING it here - especially the yard and the driveway (I'll take pics soon)....they are outside alot and are constantly on bikes, scooters, jeeps, carrying shovels, rakes, pushing wheelbarrows, kicking soccer balls, playing baseball....they are going non-stop. They are also really enjoying our screened-in porch on the back. It's the perfect place to watch birds, eat their meals and according to Sam, play with matchbox cars.
I have 2 NEW favorite times of the day....1) I actually don't mind getting up with the boys in the morning...eating breakfast here is so peaceful - and we all are "into" all the birds, so we eat our breakfast while listening to the birds (no yelling...it's a rule). Coffee on the porch is absolutely delightful 2) getting our mail. I know, it sounds funny (and we aren't even getting our mail yet...just previous owners magazines) But I think getting the mail is so funny...it's seriously a hike to the mailbox, so I put Izzy in her stroller, Caleb & Sam each pick something to ride and the 4 of us make our way to the mailbox. Today, Caleb rode his bike and Sam took the wheelbarrow....and wheeled 8 magazines back to the house. hilarious.
I'll post pics of the kids enjoying their new yard soon!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home