Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Weekend

So today is our 6th year Anniversary...and guess what we bought? You're looking at it....that's right - we bought Caleb a new bike!! How romantic!! ha. Yeah - we've been promising him a bigger bike for WEEKS and today we finally made good on our promise. He was thrilled and seriously rode it all afternoon - - I don't even think he looked for any bugs/insects today..he just rode his bike!!

Although today marks 6 years of marriage and we spent it buying bikes, packing and cleaning...we did enjoy a fun night out on Friday. Nicole babysat so the boys were thrilled, and Justin and I were equally (if not more) excited about spending a nice night out ALONE. It was delightful.

We had a quiet Saturday....Justin and I basically took turns playing w/ the kids while the other one packed - - we did this until it was time to start Movie Night (last night's featured movie: The Cat in the Hat). It was actually a funny movie and as usual, Caleb loved it and Sammy maybe watched a total of 5 minutes while eating popcorn. I seriously wonder if he'll ever watch TV.

So this past week, Caleb has really been into his Leap Frog Word Whammer - - he has amazed me with how well he can spell words and he is frustrated that you can only spell up to 4 letter words on this Word Whammer. He wants to spell 5 letter words. When he's done spelling out a new word, he runs to the kitchen table and writes it on a piece of paper (all his idea). He is also going crazy with his numbers lately and I think he's going to be a little math whiz. Every day he says things like "mom, when I'm 92 years old Sammy is going to be 90 and Isabella is going to be 88." After a minute of thinking about it, I tell him he's correct. ha. I think it's crazy.

Not much to report on Sam...he was incredibly frustrated today that he could not ride Caleb's old bike as well as his tricycle. He was thrilled to get a "new" bike and he felt cool being on the bike while Caleb was on his, but could not understand why he couldn't make it go very fast. He cried for like 20 minutes. But he DIDN'T cry yesterday when he completely wiped out on his scooter and bloodied his knees. He just got up w/o a wimper and asked for a band-aid. He wiped out again today on his tricycle - and HARD and when I ran over to him to see if he was okay, he started crying, but ONLY b/c the rocks fell out the "trunk" of the tricycle. He was MAD.

And Isabella...well, supposedly I owe her an apology. She was offended by an earlier post about her being a horrible sleeper and has decided to wake up only once in the night now. I'm pretty psyched about this. I'm NOT psyched, however, that she is a MAJOR belly sleeper. I lay her down on her back, she rolls over. I flip her back, she flips over again. She just loves that belly....that big big kissable belly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home