My New Comedian
Yeah, so now my 5 month old thinks she's funny. Here she is tonight doing tummy time...and all of the sudden she makes these loud screaming noises and when I look at her, she laughs like it's the funniest thing. She does this multiple times. I start to laugh, but not because of the screaming (I hate screaming), but b/c a 5 month old actually thinks she's funny. She also has a fake cough and when I imitate it, she laughs.
I'll tell you what isn't funny though. She's a HORRIBLE sleeper!! Caleb was a DREAM (no pun intended). He slept through the night at 3 months - and has been an awesome sleeper ever since...it's rare when he gets out of bed in the middle of the night and when he does, he sneaks into our bed and I don't even notice. Sam was not the greatest either, but at 5 months, I only fed him once and when he woke up in the night, I just gave him the pacifier and walked out the door. He never wanted help going to sleep (which is funny b/c he never wants help doing ANYTHING!!). Since 12 months, he's great...in fact, I am guessing that he has only woke up maybe 5 times in the middle of the night since 12 months. Crazy.
Isabella...well, she's payback. She was a great sleeper in the swing next to my bed, but I decided that my large baby needed to be in her crib...she was starting to look alittle uncomfortable. Now, I am up with her AT LEAST 3 times a night. Last Friday I was up every hour. And not only does she wake up and complain, but she is not easy to put back to sleep. I end up feeding her when I give up, which is probably why she looks like she weighs as much as Sammy. ha. In addition to her restless nights, she is a HORRIBLE napper. Yesterday, her total nap time for the entire day was 1 hour 40 minutes. Seriously. Today was maybe 2 1/2 hours but only b/c I took her shopping this afternoon.
When she is not supposed to be sleeping, she's easy. She smiles alot, she plays well, she doesn't cry much and, well....she's funny.
I'll tell you what isn't funny though. She's a HORRIBLE sleeper!! Caleb was a DREAM (no pun intended). He slept through the night at 3 months - and has been an awesome sleeper ever since...it's rare when he gets out of bed in the middle of the night and when he does, he sneaks into our bed and I don't even notice. Sam was not the greatest either, but at 5 months, I only fed him once and when he woke up in the night, I just gave him the pacifier and walked out the door. He never wanted help going to sleep (which is funny b/c he never wants help doing ANYTHING!!). Since 12 months, he's great...in fact, I am guessing that he has only woke up maybe 5 times in the middle of the night since 12 months. Crazy.
Isabella...well, she's payback. She was a great sleeper in the swing next to my bed, but I decided that my large baby needed to be in her crib...she was starting to look alittle uncomfortable. Now, I am up with her AT LEAST 3 times a night. Last Friday I was up every hour. And not only does she wake up and complain, but she is not easy to put back to sleep. I end up feeding her when I give up, which is probably why she looks like she weighs as much as Sammy. ha. In addition to her restless nights, she is a HORRIBLE napper. Yesterday, her total nap time for the entire day was 1 hour 40 minutes. Seriously. Today was maybe 2 1/2 hours but only b/c I took her shopping this afternoon.
When she is not supposed to be sleeping, she's easy. She smiles alot, she plays well, she doesn't cry much and, well....she's funny.


2 Comments:
I'm posting a comment!! So happy to have your blog now! Are you bummin' that you sold the swing? ;) I can NOT believe that Sammy never wakes up - sweet!!! I hope we see lots of you guys (I feel like it's been forever) before the end of the month!!! brlab = renay :)
Yeah, you've had it too easy so I told Izzy to be a girl and be different from her brothers. LOL
I stopped while I was ahead - Zach is a dream sleeper (after Alex being like Izzy).
Post a Comment
<< Home