Name:
Location: United States

Monday, May 04, 2009

A Morning "Project"

This morning Justin went back into the office, and since my boys are so used to having him around, I figured I better do something new/exciting to keep them happy or it would be a LONG day. They both do very well (are happy, get along great, follow rules,etc.) when we are working on project. So....today, we painted rocks. BUT, before we could paint them, we had to get in the wagon and search through fields for the best rocks to paint (my favorite part)...and then we had to wash them (Sam's favorite part) and finally, after lunch we got to paint them (Caleb's favorite part). They were both so excited about this - - they didnt' fuss at all when it was time to come inside for either lunch or naps.

Unfortunately, after naptime I noticed Caleb had a fever. Bummer. Sam requested that we continue painting rocks so he and I went back outside (just to our back patio) while Caleb laid on the couch and watched a show. One show was about all he could handle though while Sam and I were outside, so he decided he wanted to come back out...we painted alittle more and then went to the front yard and drew all over our driveway with sidewalk chalk. Definitely an artsy day...and a happy one (despite Caleb's fever).

I suspect I will keep Caleb home from preschool tomorrow so it looks like I should be searching the internet for other "projects" (sigh).

I should also mention that I have been "outsmarted" by both my boys in the past few days. Here is a conversation I had with each boy:

Me: Sam, stop telling mommy "no"
(Pause)
Sam: Nope
Me: Sam, what did I just say?
Sam: You said not to say "no", but I said "nope"

The other day at the park, we saw a mama duck and her nest with 8 eggs. The boys and I thought this was very cool and we sat and watched her and talked about it. After watching her for awhile....

Me: That is really cool you guys. I think I should go to the library and get a book so we can learn more about ducks and how baby ducks come out of the eggs. Wouldn't that be fun?
Caleb (sounding kind of disgusted with me): Mom, I already know about them. You do know there is a machine that does it for them and it takes about an hour for them to hatch.
Me: In an incubator?
Caleb: YES, in an incubator.
Me: Oh....and it really only takes an hour?

I just asked Justin how long it takes and he said 14 days. He also sounded digusted with me that I believed for a second (okay, 24 hours) that it could take an hour (and just believed what Caleb told me w/o giving it a thought - ha!). I guess I better go get that book on ducks after all....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home