Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, April 16, 2009

A Happy Easter

Wow has it been awhile....lots has happened since I blogged last...Sam gave up his pacifier (thank goodness...I hate seeing kids over 24 months w/ them), Justin had back surgery, Isabella met Kay and we celebrated Easter!!

Our Easter was really nice...we spent a nice LONG weekend at my parents home. Here are everyone's highlights:

Isabella:
- Meeting Kay and showing her how much I smile.
- Being held by Kay, Aunt Amy & Grandma...I got alot of attention
- Grandpa's silly faces - he made me laugh alot
- Wearing my 1st dress...I felt very pretty
- Attention attention attention

Sammy:
- Going with Grandma to wake Brayden up and get him off to school
- Helping Grandpa with his outdoor work ....taking garbage out, picking up sticks, feeding the birds, etc.
- Eating jelly beans...I ate alot and didn't even get a tummyache.
- Eating Grandma's food. It's very good.
- Spending time with Kay - she's fun.
- Playing outside with Calian, Brayden & Caleb...we were outside ALOT...playing soccer, riding bikes, looking for pine cones
- Having Aunt Amy try to put me down for my nap...she was supposed to read to me, but ended up playing with me and making me laugh. She's naughty too.
- Playing with and taking care of Millie (I can let her out now)
- Looking for Easter Eggs and baskets
- Sitting next to Casey at church...but when I got tired of that, whining until Grandpa took me for a walk. That was cool.
- Grandma Grandma Grandma

Caleb:
- Feeding the birds with Grandpa, Calian & Sam
- Playing with Calian & Brayden - I want to be just like them.
- Looking for Easter eggs - I was very good at this this year.
- Dying Easter eggs - I did ALOT of them.
- Leading the prayer at Easter dinner.
- Spending time with Kay - - she helped me with my activity/preschool books.
- Sitting next to Brayden & Amy at church. They gave me goldfish.
- Playing with Millie. I did that alot...we played ball alot together, ran around in the yard together and I let her outside when she needed to go to the bathroom. I love her SO much. I wish I could have a dog.
- Grandma's cooking. I ate alot.
- Seeing my crazy Uncle Dave...I pretended to be like him during Easter dinner, so I talked alot. Oh, I guess we are alot alike.

Justin:
- the couch
- the cooking
- the help
- the couch
- the cooking
- the help
- having a nurse (amy) around to change bandages and check out the "wound"

Me:
- Seeing Kay...and passing Izzy to her ALOT
- Looking at homes with my mom and Kay (oh, and Izzy) ....while grandpa watched the boys (hahaha)
- Playing cards and having drinks with Amy, Calian, Kay & my mom
- Being in church with my whole family....we took up almost an entire pew.
- Dying eggs with Caleb
- Eating Eating Eating (and according to Caleb, all I did was eat and "grandma did everything"......sigh).
- Hanging out with my family...though I wish we could've seen Casey more (he was sick).
- I love how much time Calian spent at my parents house - he was there ALOT....he was so helpful, funny and just fun to hang out with.
- Being able to sleep in (grandma gets up with the boys)
- Homemade french silk pie. Unbelievable...and even better after giving up chocolate for lent.

We have been back home since Tuesday afternoon. Managing okay on our own, but life is definitely easier at grandma's house. :) Justin is getting better each day - - he can't pick up the kids (even Izzy) and won't be able to for awhile unfortunately but he is definitely moving better. It was beautiful outside today so we all took a nice walk to the park - Justin did great. He said he felt like a loser dad b/c I pulled Sam & Caleb in the wagon while wearing Izzy in the Bjorn. I told him it was a good work out for me and not to worry. I got a break on the way home from the park b/c Sam pulled Caleb in the wagon. :) The kid is sick and still has more energy than anyone else in the house.
We had homemade chicken & noodle soup and lots of fresh fruit for dinner tonight...I'm doing my best to get this family healthy. If I can stay sane in the process it will be a miracle. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home