Name:
Location: United States

Friday, March 27, 2009

What a Week

We have had quite the busy (but very fun) week.

Late afternoon LAST Friday (wow, it's been awhile), Ken & Sherri stopped here on their way to Minnesota. It was a really quick visit - arriving for dinner and then leaving Saturday morning, but the boys were still happy to see them. Saturday was Sherri's Birthday, and we celebrated alittle on Friday night after the boys were asleep. Saturday and Sunday were beautiful.....from what I remember, we spent most of the time outside. :)

On Tuesday, Amy, Calian, Brayden and Grandma arrived. We had a great visit and of course, my boys were as happy as could be. Their world is perfect if their older cousins are around, especially Caleb.....Sam still tends to follow my mom around. And Isabella spent much time in Amy & Grandma's arms - - so refreshing for me to have a break.

The weather was actually great on Tuesday and Thursday so we all got some fresh air and excercise...Isabella was the only one who wasn't playing either catch or soccer. The boys were on their scooters (which are alot "cooler" now that they have seen Calian and Brayden ride them) and bikes, and Sammy helped Grandma with our landscaping (thanks Mom!....and Sam).

Caleb was REALLY happy to have family here b/c it was a big week for him. Not only did he have a bigger audience watching his gymnastics, but he had his Spring Music Program at preschool on Thursday. He was SOOOOO excited to perform for everyone. He told his Mrs Beane on Tuesday who all was coming to watch him sing. He was REALLY proud....and he did a great job. He knew the words to all ten songs and of course he remembered all the right moves! :) It was so cute to watch. After the program, we went to his room for cookies and juice. I was so proud of Caleb ....he took Sammy by the hand and made sure his little brother got a plate with some cookies on it and sat down next to him. Sam was in heaven (see pics). He talks about preschool and Mrs Beane all the time and to actually sit down at "Caleb's table" and be a "big kid" was just too cool for him. And like his big brother, he was very chatty and was talking to Mrs. Beane (about his jean jacket). When we left, Sammy was pushing in all the chairs and Mrs Beane looked surpised and said "oh, well thanks Sammy" and then turned to Justin and I and said "I want him in my class next year" ...we laughed and Justin said "NO YOU DON"T!!!". Ha!

Yesterday late afternoon was alittle rough w/o having family here. Both boys were in rare form. I dont' know why THEY get to be that way...I'M the one who is without the extra help - having both Amy & my mom around I was especially spoiled!! Actually, Calian & Brayden are such great helpers too. They are so good with the boys - - they keep them entertained, they teach them things, they keep the boys from fighting and encourage them to be good boys - - and my boys really listen to them. Brayden also kept the toys all picked up for me - - he was Mr. Organizer. So...I think I'm the one that should've been crabby last night w/o all of them here. Oh wait, I was crabby. haha.

We were lucky to have a mini playgroup today to distract us- - and fortunately for Caleb, it was with older kids (4 & 5 year old). Sammy, as usual, still kept up when he wanted to. He sure wants to be a big kid....and I REALLY want him to stay the way he is....alittle naughty, so full of life and absolutely adorable. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home