A Long Spring Break
It has been a pretty long week. Caleb is on spring break and the weather has not been that great so we are going alittle stir crazy this week. His preschool is in a different school district than his playgroup friends so we haven't even had any playdates. I think the highlight of the week so far has been Sam's gym class!! Caleb joined the class for the day and the two of them were the best little buddies there...Sam was so proud to show him around "his gym" and they jumped on the trampolines together, walked the balance beams together, did somersaults down big ramp mats, and chased each other around laughing. It was SO fun to watch them....it makes me want to sign them up for classes together. When they were jumping on the trampoline together, Caleb said "oh Sammy, I love your gym class and I love you SO much!!" Sammy looked at him w/ his big eyes, smiled and said "I KNOW!!!" They were great buddies when we got home too...they played together so nicely and I was able to make a big pot of chicken tortilla soup for dinner! They both enhaled the soup that night and I told them they get yummy meals when they are well behaved b/c I have the time to cook!! Caleb also helped me make banana oatmeal chocolate chip cookies that day (some w/o chocolate chips for me...still haven't touched chocolate or candy for lent!!). Tuesday was actually a really nice day.
Wednesday, Caleb had gymnastics and then a friend of mine from college came to visit for a few hours. She has a 15 month old boy who followed Caleb & Sam around. They were both REALLY good to him - they tried to show him how to play with things and were actually very patient with him. Ian wacked Sam on the head with a matchbox car and Sammy didn't hit him back (which I think might be a first...he's not afraid to defend himself...or start the fight). I told Sam how proud I was, and then wanted to warn the kid not to do it again b/c I couldn't promise the same reaction next time.
Caleb & Sam are so hot and cold together these days. They were buds on Tues & Wednesday and today they were already arguing at breakfast. I feel like I sound like my mom when I was little...the following have been told to me/Amy/Casey and are now being told to my boys:
"keep your hands to yourself - don't touch each other" "you can no longer talk to each other" "just ignore him, don't even look at him"
And naturally, they are doing the same things we did - - quickly becoming buddies and breaking my rules. After telling them to stop touching each other the other day (as Sam was climbing all over Caleb and Caleb yelling) Caleb said "but mom, it's okay, Sammy can climb on me." "No, I dont' want him to." "But mom, it's okay - I WANT him to. It's FUN." Yeah right.
And as you can see on the pic, my Isabella is getting stronger and stronger...and her cheeks keep getting bigger and bigger. :) She is really pushing herself up during tummy time and has rolled herself over from tummy to back already!! And believe it or not, I am packing up clothes that she has outgrown - - crazy. She was a handful today - - sweet, as usual (she smiles ALOT) but really wanted attention and to be held. AND she napped for maybe a total of 1 hour until I took her to run errands at about 4:00. Caleb must've picked up on how drained I was b/c tonight he offered to "take her" for me (he hears Justin say "do you want me to take her?") He's so cute. I smiled and asked if he was going to change her poopy diaper and he said "sure!! I know I can, mom. I wipe my own bum, I can easily wipe hers!!" He's got a point...I might have to think about this.
Wednesday, Caleb had gymnastics and then a friend of mine from college came to visit for a few hours. She has a 15 month old boy who followed Caleb & Sam around. They were both REALLY good to him - they tried to show him how to play with things and were actually very patient with him. Ian wacked Sam on the head with a matchbox car and Sammy didn't hit him back (which I think might be a first...he's not afraid to defend himself...or start the fight). I told Sam how proud I was, and then wanted to warn the kid not to do it again b/c I couldn't promise the same reaction next time.
Caleb & Sam are so hot and cold together these days. They were buds on Tues & Wednesday and today they were already arguing at breakfast. I feel like I sound like my mom when I was little...the following have been told to me/Amy/Casey and are now being told to my boys:
"keep your hands to yourself - don't touch each other" "you can no longer talk to each other" "just ignore him, don't even look at him"
And naturally, they are doing the same things we did - - quickly becoming buddies and breaking my rules. After telling them to stop touching each other the other day (as Sam was climbing all over Caleb and Caleb yelling) Caleb said "but mom, it's okay, Sammy can climb on me." "No, I dont' want him to." "But mom, it's okay - I WANT him to. It's FUN." Yeah right.
And as you can see on the pic, my Isabella is getting stronger and stronger...and her cheeks keep getting bigger and bigger. :) She is really pushing herself up during tummy time and has rolled herself over from tummy to back already!! And believe it or not, I am packing up clothes that she has outgrown - - crazy. She was a handful today - - sweet, as usual (she smiles ALOT) but really wanted attention and to be held. AND she napped for maybe a total of 1 hour until I took her to run errands at about 4:00. Caleb must've picked up on how drained I was b/c tonight he offered to "take her" for me (he hears Justin say "do you want me to take her?") He's so cute. I smiled and asked if he was going to change her poopy diaper and he said "sure!! I know I can, mom. I wipe my own bum, I can easily wipe hers!!" He's got a point...I might have to think about this.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home