A Happy Memorial Day Weekend
We had a nice weekend at my parents house....again! We headed north on Friday morning and luckily we avoided traffic - - all 3 kids did great in the car and it was a really nice drive home. We had the inspection on our new home on Friday afternoon and we were back there on Saturday morning with a contractor (it needs alittle updating).
The boys kept very busy at grandma's house...I think they were outside 80% of the time - only inside to sleep & eat (though we even ate lunch outside). Caleb was usually found walking around with a bucket collecting pine cones, sticks, rocks and leaves and created his own project (which later involved him gluing these items to a piece of poster board...ALL of this was his idea). He also hung out with Millie, helped grandma plant and water flowers and of course, helped grandpa feed the birds. Sam learned how to use the pedals on a tricycle this wknd (yeah!) so he was biking most of the time...he also helped dig in the dirt, water flowers (okay, himself), and kept busy with whatever project grandma and grandpa had for him. I love this picture of him with my dad - they are outside waiting to flip burgers on the grill. For some reason, Sam actually sits still when he is around my dad (granted, it's only for about 5 minutes, but that is alot for Sam). And Sam usually doesn't like sitting on people's laps (b/c it involves SITTING) and I caught him a few times this past wknd all snuggled up with grandpa. Grandpa may actually have some "calming effect" on Sam. Yes dad, that's "calm".
Justin & I managed to escape alittle on Sunday night - we met Casey out at my favorite bar...good live music, cheap drinks & peanuts. :) It was nice to get out. On Monday morning we headed to the parade - - the boys love parades so they were both pretty excited and very well behaved. After lunch we headed back to Illinois.
I haven't mentioned Isabella....there is still not too much to report on her. She continues to smile alot, scream (and then smile when she has your attention), and grow. Unfortunately, her hair is not growing as fast as her chubby belly, thighs and cheeks. Today at the grocery store, the woman at the check out said "is that your baby?" "yeah" "how old is she?" "5 months" "that's not your baby - she's too big to be your baby" I was worried my "little girl" was offended by the conversation, but when I looked at her she just blew me a few bubbles and gave me a big dimply smile.
The boys kept very busy at grandma's house...I think they were outside 80% of the time - only inside to sleep & eat (though we even ate lunch outside). Caleb was usually found walking around with a bucket collecting pine cones, sticks, rocks and leaves and created his own project (which later involved him gluing these items to a piece of poster board...ALL of this was his idea). He also hung out with Millie, helped grandma plant and water flowers and of course, helped grandpa feed the birds. Sam learned how to use the pedals on a tricycle this wknd (yeah!) so he was biking most of the time...he also helped dig in the dirt, water flowers (okay, himself), and kept busy with whatever project grandma and grandpa had for him. I love this picture of him with my dad - they are outside waiting to flip burgers on the grill. For some reason, Sam actually sits still when he is around my dad (granted, it's only for about 5 minutes, but that is alot for Sam). And Sam usually doesn't like sitting on people's laps (b/c it involves SITTING) and I caught him a few times this past wknd all snuggled up with grandpa. Grandpa may actually have some "calming effect" on Sam. Yes dad, that's "calm".
Justin & I managed to escape alittle on Sunday night - we met Casey out at my favorite bar...good live music, cheap drinks & peanuts. :) It was nice to get out. On Monday morning we headed to the parade - - the boys love parades so they were both pretty excited and very well behaved. After lunch we headed back to Illinois.
I haven't mentioned Isabella....there is still not too much to report on her. She continues to smile alot, scream (and then smile when she has your attention), and grow. Unfortunately, her hair is not growing as fast as her chubby belly, thighs and cheeks. Today at the grocery store, the woman at the check out said "is that your baby?" "yeah" "how old is she?" "5 months" "that's not your baby - she's too big to be your baby" I was worried my "little girl" was offended by the conversation, but when I looked at her she just blew me a few bubbles and gave me a big dimply smile.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home