Firsts
We had a few "firsts" over the past two days....
Today was Caleb's 1st day of preschool in his new school. He was very happy (can't you tell?!?). It was only a half day, but he still had a blast and the teacher gave him a big bear hug when she saw him...that seriously made his day.
Sammy also had a 1st today....his 1st day of "camp". He went to a "Mini-Tots Camp" for 2 & 3 year olds at our racquet club. It was an hour and a half long...they played games, played outside, made an art project, and had story & snack time. I felt good sending him there this b/c he's already familiar with the place and the people who work there. He was seriously THRILLED to go to "school" ...he has been calling it "Preschool Camp" for the past few weeks. Yesterday he told me that I needed to buy him a new backback for preschool camp . I asked what he wanted on his backpack and he said "Thomas", which made my day since I knew we had one somewhere in this house. Justin found it this morning and he wore it as soon as he was dressed and had his teeth brushed....so basically, he walked around the house wearing his backpack for an hour before his camp started. He was ADORABLE. I had never left him at a class before (I have always attended music/gym classes with him) so this was a big step for him (Okay, and me). He did sooooo great. He so wants to be a big kid - - in fact, he has told me before that he wants to go to classes "where I leave". He had no problems saying goodbye to me (and Caleb & Izzy). When we got in the car to take Caleb to school, Caleb was proud of his brother and said "Mom, Sammy didn't even cry!!" "I know - he didn't care that I left, did he??" "NOOO!!!" And then we both started laughing. So fun.
When I picked Sam up, 2 of the teachers came up to me and told me what a great job he did. They were surprised that this was the 1st time I had left him alone at a class. One teacher, who I never met before commented on what a nice boy he is. hahahahahaha. I was soooo proud of him today.
My biggest problem with this "camp" is that they only have it 2 times a month. Poor guy wants to go every day...actually, this evening he told me that he wanted to be in school ALL day, like Jasper and Samuel. (sigh). And here I thought we have been having such a fun summer together. :)
Well, I won't leave Isabella out of the "firsts" b/c she had one yesterday. She did "SO BIG" with her arms and was really proud of herself. So proud, that she clapped for herself after she realized that she did it....it was super cute. Unfortunately, she wasn't feeling "so big" today. Maybe tomorrow she'll do it again.
Today was Caleb's 1st day of preschool in his new school. He was very happy (can't you tell?!?). It was only a half day, but he still had a blast and the teacher gave him a big bear hug when she saw him...that seriously made his day.
Sammy also had a 1st today....his 1st day of "camp". He went to a "Mini-Tots Camp" for 2 & 3 year olds at our racquet club. It was an hour and a half long...they played games, played outside, made an art project, and had story & snack time. I felt good sending him there this b/c he's already familiar with the place and the people who work there. He was seriously THRILLED to go to "school" ...he has been calling it "Preschool Camp" for the past few weeks. Yesterday he told me that I needed to buy him a new backback for preschool camp . I asked what he wanted on his backpack and he said "Thomas", which made my day since I knew we had one somewhere in this house. Justin found it this morning and he wore it as soon as he was dressed and had his teeth brushed....so basically, he walked around the house wearing his backpack for an hour before his camp started. He was ADORABLE. I had never left him at a class before (I have always attended music/gym classes with him) so this was a big step for him (Okay, and me). He did sooooo great. He so wants to be a big kid - - in fact, he has told me before that he wants to go to classes "where I leave". He had no problems saying goodbye to me (and Caleb & Izzy). When we got in the car to take Caleb to school, Caleb was proud of his brother and said "Mom, Sammy didn't even cry!!" "I know - he didn't care that I left, did he??" "NOOO!!!" And then we both started laughing. So fun.
When I picked Sam up, 2 of the teachers came up to me and told me what a great job he did. They were surprised that this was the 1st time I had left him alone at a class. One teacher, who I never met before commented on what a nice boy he is. hahahahahaha. I was soooo proud of him today.
My biggest problem with this "camp" is that they only have it 2 times a month. Poor guy wants to go every day...actually, this evening he told me that he wanted to be in school ALL day, like Jasper and Samuel. (sigh). And here I thought we have been having such a fun summer together. :)
Well, I won't leave Isabella out of the "firsts" b/c she had one yesterday. She did "SO BIG" with her arms and was really proud of herself. So proud, that she clapped for herself after she realized that she did it....it was super cute. Unfortunately, she wasn't feeling "so big" today. Maybe tomorrow she'll do it again.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home