Name:
Location: United States

Friday, September 18, 2009

A Few of Our Favorite Things


Sam
Originally uploaded by Justin and Kelly Webb
In no particular order....

Caleb:
1) Anything Cyberchase (he LOVES the show) but loves to make up stories in his head and act them with his matchbox cars.
2) Soccer
3) Friends. He misses his old playgroup friends alot and even just hanging out with our old neighbors. Fortunately, it's getting better w/ new school friends and two great neighbor boys. He just LOVES being w/ other kids...very social. The other day when I picked the kids up at the Kids Core (where I work out) he was playing Candy Land with a nice little boy. This seriously made his day.
4) His Razor Scooter & bike.
5) Exploring outside....finding insects, playing in rocks, picking up sticks, etc..
6) Color-by-number books...he just LOVES these. And since this past spring, he has been able to read all the colors (or make a good educated guess) so I don't have to make a cheat sheet for him, even on pages where there are odd colors.
7) Being with family (grandparent, aunts, uncles, cousins)
8) Preschool...he absolutely LOVES to learn.
9) Books - he even wrote his "first" one about a month ago while at my parents house. Of course, it was about Cyberchase. Cool pictures went with it....we read the book a few times a week.
10) Wii ...in particular, Mario Kart....he became obsessed with this game this past spring and we began limiting this game to ONLY Saturday afternoons while Sammy naps. Fortunately, he forgets about it a few times a month.

Sam:
1) Matchbox cars
2) Soccer (but ONLY with his blue ball)
3) Taking care of his stuffed animals (all dogs)...he gets out his medical kit and works on them daily. Poor dogs are in the hospital all the time...
4) Jumping on the furniture
5) Riding his bike and scooter (though he now prefers a Razor...it's on his Christmas/Birthday wishlist...he's actually good on them, so I know I'll buy him one)
6) Being *BUSY*...this may be helping me pull weeds, picking up sticks in the yard before we mow, raking, feeding the birds...he just LOVES outdoor "projects" (but is also happy to get out his tools for indoor project as well).
7) Driving the jeep. He pretends he is on a riding lawn mower.
8) Tiny Tot Camp ...I wish they had this twice a week instead of twice a month.
9) Making Isabella laugh.
10) Being around family (again...grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins). If his older cousins are around, he is constantly laughing and smiling.

Isabella:
See list from Sept 11. BUT, 2 that I missed that are equally exciting for her. 1) Animals...as in, live ones. For some reason she laughs at them. We were outside at the neighbor's house today and they have a dog...she spent 75% of her time laughing at it. 2) Balls. Crawls over anything to get to them...and she lights up when you hand her one.

Me:
Days like today....perfect fall day. 72 degrees, sunny, smells absolutely incredible, leaves just starting to turn and fall. Seriously - perfection. We spent our entire morning "exploring" our yard. We spent time in various "sections" looking at different trees, leaves, finding insects, picking up sticks (loading them on Sammy's wheelbarrow or Caleb's tractor-trailer) and throwing them down the ravine, watering plants, cleaning up flower gardens and literally just running in the yard (and rolling down the "big hill"). In one of my favorite spots, there are alot of leaves on the ground and the grass is sooo soft and sooo green (very shady area) and Caleb lays down and says "wouldn't you love to nap out here?" I laugh and tell him that I actually would. He must have been tired b/c he actually took a nap (in his bed though) which he never does anymore. This allowed me extra time to try out a new recipe for pumpkin cookies....which btw, were UNBELIEVABLE. When they got up from their naps, I actually let them each eat 3 - - they thought I was crazy (and maybe I was alittle delirious after eating...um...5 cookies myself). After cookies, we headed back outside for more "exploring time" and the neighbor boys invited us to play on their very cool (and huge) swingset. Delightful. Anyway - I wish every day was like today...the boys got along great, were SO well behaved, the weather was perfect and Justin came home early!! Life is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home