Name:
Location: United States

Monday, September 14, 2009

Scooter Dude


Scooter Dude
Originally uploaded by Justin and Kelly Webb
So when I was younger (like 4-7ish??) I really thought my name needed to be changed. I thought I should have been named either "Friendly" or "Little" b/c I seriously thought I was soooo friendly and I was...well, very little. My sister actually DID call me "Little" - especially when we were playing school or something. Anyway, I mention this b/c I found it hilarious when Caleb asked me to start calling him by names, other than "Caleb"...lately, they have included "Scooter Dude" "Soccer Dude" and "Scooter Soccer Sports Webb". Personally, I think "Scooter Dude" is pretty cool and I have been known to call him by that name occassionally.

He just started soccer on Saturday morning and he LOVED it. There are about 20 kids (4-5 year olds) and he did great! They played a "cat & mouse" game and Caleb ended up the winner (out of all the kids!!) he was so proud of himself. Right after soccer practice he wanted to call his older cousins, who are both VERY good soccer players, to tell him how well he did. Naturally, they were in Milwaukee at a soccer tournament, so we didn't call. I'm sure he will show them all his new soccer moves soon.

He was able to show off his scooter moves to my parents & Mary & Dick (family from NE) on Sunday. He seriously has his own "tricks" - - one of them involves him wrapping his leg around the handle bar, while flying down the driveway. Yes, it's crazy. No, I don't really like to watch. And yes, this is still Caleb I am talking about, not Sam. He has such a good sense of balance I am actually contemplating hockey this winter....we *are* in Wisconsin now and hockey is huge. The neighbor boys play and love it ...something new, different and active for the cold winter months. We'll see.

There really aren't good classes around for Sam yet. He will continue to go to the Tiny Tots Camp a few times a month, which he loves, but he is not old enough for soccer (or any other sport really)and he is soooo disappointed about this. The kid kicks his ball around outside ALL the time right now. I am anxious to see the recreation dept and YMCA winter class schedules - - more classes will open up for him when he's 3 and he'll be much happier! He starts gymnastics next Saturday, but it's only 30 minutes - not long enough for my energetic boy....he might have to jog home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home