One Lucky Boy
Sammy was one lucky boy tonight....he came sooooo close to having a really bad accident. There was definitely a guardian angel in his room watching out for him. Here is what happened: I brought down PJs for the boys to put on and Sammy was not pleased with my selection. He told me he was going back upstairs to pick out his own. That's fine...he usually gets his clothes out. Well, apparently he decided that he wanted his winter zip-up PJs (even though it was really warm outside). And for some odd reason, he knew that I kept those in his tall dresser....in one of the top drawers. So yes, he decided to climb up the dresser via the drawers and it tipped over on him. Heavy, tall, big dresser...with picture frames and a lamp on top...everything shattered - glass all over. I hear the crash, but Justin is working on our basement and I wasn't sure if the loud noise came from downstairs or up. Then I hear a scream and I sprint upstairs. First I see the the fallen dresser and I feel like I got kicked in the stomach and I yell for Justin (who can't hear me, but for some reason, Caleb must have heard panic in my voice b/c he stopped working on my laptop to get Justin for me...without me asking him - good boy!!!). Anyway - I yelled for Justin before I even realized that there was not one scratch, bump, bruise on Sam....he ran over to me when he saw me and I carried him downstairs (where I left Izzy on the floor) to check him out. He said the dresser fell on his foot and he complained that his foot hurt, but it was not swollen and there was absolutely no sign that anything touched his foot ...no scratches/red marks...and he walked just fine. I later realized that it was a very good thing I took his sock off right away to look at his foot b/c there was a HUGE piece of glass stuck to the bottom of his sock. Even *that* did not leave a mark on his foot!!! I have no idea how he walked away from it all without a single scratch.
I would like to think that it REALLY scared him so he would stop climbing on things, but I just don't think this was scary enough for him - - he cried for maybe 2 minutes. Justin is now dedicating tomorrow to securing all furniture to the wall. He'll get to it right after church....someone needs to be thanked first.
I would like to think that it REALLY scared him so he would stop climbing on things, but I just don't think this was scary enough for him - - he cried for maybe 2 minutes. Justin is now dedicating tomorrow to securing all furniture to the wall. He'll get to it right after church....someone needs to be thanked first.


1 Comments:
Crazy! We just got rid of our BIG tube TV that sat on our high dresser in our bedroom for an HD TV and that was my main reason. It was deadly.
Post a Comment
<< Home