Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

If It's All About the Bottle, Then....

This picture has nothing to do w/ the subject of this blog, I just think it's hilarious. She's flying down the driveway and is so excited about going so fast AND having a ball in her hand that she has to stand up. She'll definitely be a rollercoaster gal.

So...about the title. I have found that with Caleb & Sam, the way they have "dealt" with their bottle very early on is a huge sign of what their personality is like today.

Caleb & the bottle: SOOO easy. He did not care what type of bottle he was drinking from (we forgot bottles on occassion and borrowed / bought different ones), it didn't matter what type of formula it was, OR if the milk was hot, cold or just lukewarm. It just didn't matter. He drank it and he was happy. He was like this even when I needed to suppliment while breast feeding...from week 1 (literally). He is like this today - with food, he'll try anything and he likes just about everything - not picky AT ALL. And in general, his personality is like this too...he will try anything (any sport, any game) and is happy doing everything and anything. He is VERY easily pleased and just goes with the flow.

Sam & the bottle: I am not kidding when I say that he would NOT take a bottle until he was able to hold it himself. We honestly tried a handful of times (so I could get away!) using different bottles and formula and he refused...UNTIL he was 8 months old. At that age, he could hold it himself. I vividly remember sitting on our couch, holding him, watching him do it by himself and saying to Justin "he is doing it!!! He just wants to hold it on his own!!" Ooooooh, how telling that is of his personality today...Mr. Independent does NOT want your help, thank you very much. As far as eating habits go...I wouldn't consider him a "picky eater", but he's not as willing to try new things. After only a quick glance at something, he decides whether or not he "wikes it". Maybe he just needs to make his own dinners.

So now I am trying to figure out what Isabella's personality will be ....given that she just flat out refuses to take a bottle at 9 months. She'll eat absolutely anything, but won't take a bottle!!! So, what does this tell me about her personality?? We're in trouble, aren't we?

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Oh, Kelly! This is so funny! I love finding those littel common threads in my 3 and seeing what that means for the future. I'd say for GIRL to be picky...can be a good thing!

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home