Name:
Location: United States

Monday, October 05, 2009

Aaaaah October

As most of you know, I absolutely LOVE fall...by far my favorite season. I love the weather, the color, the smell, the food (pumpkin/apple stuff), decorating (e.g. I own fall dishes, not christmas ones), and football (it's half time right now...Mon night football).

We had a perfect fall day today, warm (didn't even need the sweatshirts we were wearing) & sunny - great day to put out more halloween decorations. We actually made a quick trip to JoAnn Fabrics and the boys picked out the witch and monster (in pic) to put outside. They also "helped" me put cobwebs over all our light posts. I need to go back to make them look alittle more realistic, but the boys were very proud of their work. :) They looked cute marching down the driveway carrying their new decoration (click on pic to see more). After scarecrows & cobwebs we added a few more lights to the front walkway. I'm not really sure why I'm buying more lights leading up to our porch b/c we won't have any trick or treaters out here!! BOO!! I will have a few really big treats for anyone who happens to stop, but I won't hold my breath.

But, just b/c we don't really have neighbors doesn't mean we won't go trick or treating, and the boys already have their costumes. Sammy is happy to wear the monkey costume Caleb wore 2 years ago...he thinks it's funny and super cozy. That was easy. Caleb was not so easy. He wanted to be a character from his favorite TV show - Cyberchase. Well, Cyberchase must not be terribly popular b/c there aren't even Cyberchase toys, much less a costume. Someday, maybe I'll have the time to make costumes, but it just wasn't going to happen this year. Caleb's next request: "Special Agent Oso" - Well, this dude isnt' popular either. He happens to be a Disney character, but not one worthy of a Halloween costume. Clearly, my boys are not into the more popular shows (which, by the way, is mostly my fault). He settled on Luigi, from Super Mario.

Isabella is going to be a pink poodle. I actually hate poodles but it was like $3.00 at Old Navy last year (ha!) and she'll look hilarious in it. She, like my boys, LOVES dogs so it's perfect for her.

So....costumes are set, outdoor fall decor is almost complete and as soon as the dust is cleared from all the work being done (10 days!!) I will finish decorating inside. The mess is not keeping me from cooking/baking my favorite fall foods....and speaking of, time for a cup of tea & a pumpkin cookie. Aaaaaahhhh, you gotta love Fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home