Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

What Izzy Learns in 2 Weeks

So my parents just returned from a 2+ week trip to Italy. I didn't think we'd see them until tomorrow, however I needed to drop Caleb & Izzy over there this evening so I could take Sam to the doctor (who, btw, I predict will have croup in the middle of the night). Anyway - I mention their trip b/c when I picked them up my mom said Izzy had learned new tricks since they left. Here they are:
- she can get herself into standing position....she pulls herself up using just about anything, regardless of how sturdy it is (or isn't). I guess I should've mentioned this one to my mom. ;)
- she climbs...over people and up stairs (tonight, it was over my dad). There is a step down into our living room...I used to be able to use that as a huge play pen for her ...not anymore - she escapes.
- she gets on her knees and acts like she is going to do a "normal" crawl, but after a few forward movements, goes back to her army crawl/scoot.
- her army crawl/scoot is very fast.
- she signs milk & dog (she actually says "dog") and she likes to wave goodbye. She starts waving when we put our jackets on.
- she is a huge animal lover. She REALLY enjoyed helping me take care of Millie (so did the boys). She pays alot of attention to her...she laughs at her, tries to touch her and she shares her cheerios with her. She has also been interested in watching birds lately (definitely related to my dad). She even takes breaks from eating to watch them at the bird feeder. The other day she was looking out the window while sitting in her highchair and she started laughing and signing "dog"....finally I looked outside and saw 3 deer. She was so excited about seeing them.
- her dancing skills are improving and she really gets into songs...goes from rocking back and forth, to shaking her shoulders/head, to waving her arms around...loves music/dancing. It's cute.
- she will sometimes hold her own bottle!
- she has officially become a "pesty little sister" - - it doesn't matter what the boys are playing with. If they are on the floor trying to do something, she is in their faces, destroying whatever it is they are doing. Caleb (who typically has no patience with someone destroying his 'order') is soooo good with her in situations like this. For some reason, she just doesn't make him mad...at ALL. Sam is a different story. Let's just say he is the one who will make her tough.
- she's tough.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

This is SO cute! She is a go-getter, no doubt. I thought she used to refuse a bottle. This has changed? Anyway, your kids rock.

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home