Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Sick, Crazy, & Busy....

Wow has it been awhile...we have had lots going on and the craziness seems to continue.

Justin's parents were here for 6 days last week and early this week. The boys enjoyed spending lots of time with their grandparents AND their dad (Justin took time off work - yipeee!!). Before we learned of their trip here, we had committed to a few things in IL on Saturday and we still managed to pack up for a quick trip to see old friends. The boys were thrilled to see some of their old playgroup buddies and spend an afternoon at my friend Lisa's house. Needless to say, I LOVED seeing a few of my old girlfriends and catching up with them. It was a beautiful wknd and it felt good to hang out outside. Saturday night, Justin and I went to a fun themed party (love those)while Casey stayed in the hotel room with the kids...the boys thought this was pretty cool. :)

Everything has been a blur...not even sure what else to write. I just feel like we have been going 100 mph....school, doctor's appointments, classes, tennis, meeting babysitters, parent-teacher conference, friends coming over, I was the volunteer in Caleb's class today..etc, etc. And to top it off Izzy caught another cold and is very needy (i.e. whiney). sigh.

Here is a quick update on everyone...
Caleb: His parent-teacher conference went really well and I'm so proud of him. My favorite story from the conference - - Miss Keeley said she asked Caleb the other day how high he could count.
- Caleb: To 900.
- Miss Keeley (thinking - yeah right): Okay, Caleb - let's hear it.
- Caleb: (starts counting...gets to 30 and says..."okay, I'm just going to make this much easier 30-40-50-60-70-80..."
- Miss Keeley: Okay, okay I believe you Caleb.

She then shows him written numbers (up to 100) and asks him to identify them all, which he easily does - - and quickly. She said she added "1000" to the numbers and she said "this one is tricky - do you think you know what this is?" Of course he did and she wrote down "Yes!" next to it so she would remember that he did it. He said "oh, I see you wrote down an exclamation point next to that - that must mean you thought "WOW". "Yes, Caleb - that's exactly what I thought."

She proceeded to tell us we might consider sending him to a special charter school. My biggest challenge right now is challenging him at home. When he's bored, he is NOT fun to be around. Trust me.

Sam:
Aaaah, Sam. My silly little Sam. He has been keeping very busy lately...working on projects with his dad. He is happy to dig out his tools, put on his work boots and get dirty...and really WORK. He's not interested in sitting around. He seriously walks around our house measuring things (pretending to be working on a project), wiping things off (usually with baby wipes, but sometimes I put Pledge on a rag and hand it too him), playing cars, or begging to be outside raking leaves or working in the dirt. In this picture he has his matchbox cars making "tracks" in the dirt. And when he is done, he seriously grabs the broom (without me asking) and sweeps his mess back (next to the bushes/shrubs below the porch).

Sam & I had a great day together yesterday. I had a new babysitter watch Isabella while Caleb was in school. Sam and I checked out the library (which he loved), went to a new open gym at the YMCA which was super cool (and I saw one of my old friends!) and then spent time in a big open art room at the art center. This place is SO cool - - any art material you could possibly want to use is at your fingertips....for FREE...amazing. Anyway - it was fun exploring new things for us to do together - just the two of us.

Isabella:
Wow is she changing fast. She has finally figured out the "real" crawl - - no more army crawl. She is a FAST crawler too - - but does a face plant when she gets going too fast. She is as tough as Sam, but is cautious like Caleb. She loves climbing stairs and was not happy with Justin when he put up gates last week. She gives kisses when you ask for one and she is probably more smiley than either of my boys were. If you look at her and smile, she'll smile back - even when she's not feeling great. She can easily get herself to standing position (holding onto something), but has no interest in walking (yet). The other day I heard someone playing the piano and realized that Sam & Caleb were both at the table eating lunch....went over to look and sure enough, she's standing there playing with a huge smile on her face. She goes there alot now (see pics) and is known to "ruin Sammy's music."

I am so happy that the weather has been so great lately - not sure how long it will last so we are spending as much time as we can outside - enjoying the sunshine, fresh air.....and dirt.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

So sorry I didn't come to Lisa's! I thought her message said Sunday. So, I called her Sunday morning (to tell her that Will was sick) but it was moot point because the shindig was the day before. Duh. Hope you had a blast!

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home