Boo! (hoo)
Although the kids look cute in their costumes and they are happy to be next to Grandma's enormous (and very cool) pumpkin, our Halloween was no treat. ALL three kids had fevers!! Caleb didn't seem affected at all (he had a low grade fever), but Sammy clearly didn't feel good....in this pic, he had a temp of 103. He still woke up from his nap with a smile on his face and said he wanted to get his monkey costume on and trick or treat...he is such a trooper..he's game for anything even on his worst days. We also figured the cool air would be good for him - - and it was - his fever went down and stayed down after trick-or-treating!
Needless to say, there wasn't much trick-or-treating - - which is good - I don't need all that candy around. We stopped at my parents house first (where the picture was taken) and they got a fun bag of goodies there. Their neighbor came over with another bag of treats for them...btwn the two houses, we could've stopped then, but we decided to let them go to a few more homes in Amy's neighborhood (where the homes are alittle closer than at my parents...easier for Sam when he's not well). The boys were very happy to see Calian & Brayden in their costumes but were not able to keep up w/ their older cousins, which was good since I didn't want them getting their cousins sick anyway! Sam didnt' last very long, but looking in their pumpkins you'd never know they only made it to about 10 homes. They had FULL pumpkins....and full of cool treats..full size candy bars and new (still in the box) matchbox cars...and I'm not talking about the cheapo Dollar Store ones - the good ones. Crazy (but very cool - especially for my boys)!!
I was so happy that despite how they felt, they were still able to put their costumes on and get a few treats...they deserved them after being couped up in the house for a few days. We are all getting better though...no more fevers, just alittle coughing. Isabella ended up catching Sam's croup, but she had a much less severe case (and the doctor treated her more aggressively). You would never know she is sick either - - she's like Sam - - still won't sit still. She was literally doing chin-ups tonight while grabbing onto the arm of the leather chair. Seriously. The only way you know she is sick is the barky cough/cry and she can't scream!! I guess this means I should be happy when she can scream again.
Needless to say, there wasn't much trick-or-treating - - which is good - I don't need all that candy around. We stopped at my parents house first (where the picture was taken) and they got a fun bag of goodies there. Their neighbor came over with another bag of treats for them...btwn the two houses, we could've stopped then, but we decided to let them go to a few more homes in Amy's neighborhood (where the homes are alittle closer than at my parents...easier for Sam when he's not well). The boys were very happy to see Calian & Brayden in their costumes but were not able to keep up w/ their older cousins, which was good since I didn't want them getting their cousins sick anyway! Sam didnt' last very long, but looking in their pumpkins you'd never know they only made it to about 10 homes. They had FULL pumpkins....and full of cool treats..full size candy bars and new (still in the box) matchbox cars...and I'm not talking about the cheapo Dollar Store ones - the good ones. Crazy (but very cool - especially for my boys)!!
I was so happy that despite how they felt, they were still able to put their costumes on and get a few treats...they deserved them after being couped up in the house for a few days. We are all getting better though...no more fevers, just alittle coughing. Isabella ended up catching Sam's croup, but she had a much less severe case (and the doctor treated her more aggressively). You would never know she is sick either - - she's like Sam - - still won't sit still. She was literally doing chin-ups tonight while grabbing onto the arm of the leather chair. Seriously. The only way you know she is sick is the barky cough/cry and she can't scream!! I guess this means I should be happy when she can scream again.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home