A Bunch of Turkeys....
So the other day I was reading my friend Renay's blog. She is super crafty & creative and I always like to read about/see their latest projects. Anyway - I loved these little owls they made out of pine cones. I called my mom to see if I could steal some of their bigger pine cones and told her about the craft I wanted to do w/ the boys(our pinecones are pathetic little things...BUT great to make into little Christmas trees soon!!). She gave us lots of great ones to use and also suggested making turkeys out of them. Perfect. As you can see, that is what we ended working on all afternoon yesterday.
BUT, before we could make them I needed to make a quick run to JoAnn Fabrics for just a bunch of basic craft supplies, so we headed out after lunch. For some reason the boys were like wild animals in that store. I felt like I was constantly yelling "put that back" "stop running" "Sammy where are you?" (you get the picture). Well, there weren't many people in the store and I'm sure anyone that was there could clearly hear ...well, all of us (Izzy included). I reached the check-out and breathed a sigh of relief...I was almost out of there. Sammy sat down to look at a book on display (phew) and Caleb stood nicely next to me while Izzy was munching on Cheerios. This is good right? I thought so until Caleb just randomly says to the woman at the register "I toot ALOT". The lady looks at me and chuckles as I roll my eyes and say "Caleb, thank you. You don't need to share things like that with everyone." The lady is still chuckling. I'm not. Then 5 seconds later he says, very seriously "no really. I toot ALOT." At this time, Sammy has torn a page out of the book...I go over to pick it up and hand to the woman to now purchase...at which time Izzy shows me that leaving the bag of cheerios in the cart with her is not a good idea b/c she'll dump them all over. As we left, the woman working there smile and said (in a half-laughing way) "have a good day"...like "there is no WAY you are going to have a good day." hahaha. Well, my day did improve at home...the boys had fun making their turkeys and Izzy took a long nap. :)
You think I would be smart enough not to bring all three to a store today after yesterday's fiasco, but we needed groceries.....with the flu season in full effect, I don't like the boys snacking in the stores, so I decided that to keep them from whining about snacks, I'd go to a grocery store with little carts for them to push and fill. For the most part, they did a good job staying right behind me, only putting things in their cart that I agreed to, and not playing "bumper carts". The boys were happy and chatty....I think everyone in that store talked to the boys (which was cute) and ironically, they were given a free cookie from the bakery for being such great shoppers. Yeah - that was the whole reason why I went there - so they wouldn't eat! Anyway, these cookies were pretty big and Sam ate about half before he gave it to me (and I devoured it) and then Caleb gave me about a quarter of his to finish. When we were checking out the nice lady who gave the boys the cookies came up to us and asked Caleb if he finished his cookie. Caleb said "nope, my mom did. She ate Sam's too." I didn't even bother to defend myself...
Note to self: Run errands when Caleb is at school.
BUT, before we could make them I needed to make a quick run to JoAnn Fabrics for just a bunch of basic craft supplies, so we headed out after lunch. For some reason the boys were like wild animals in that store. I felt like I was constantly yelling "put that back" "stop running" "Sammy where are you?" (you get the picture). Well, there weren't many people in the store and I'm sure anyone that was there could clearly hear ...well, all of us (Izzy included). I reached the check-out and breathed a sigh of relief...I was almost out of there. Sammy sat down to look at a book on display (phew) and Caleb stood nicely next to me while Izzy was munching on Cheerios. This is good right? I thought so until Caleb just randomly says to the woman at the register "I toot ALOT". The lady looks at me and chuckles as I roll my eyes and say "Caleb, thank you. You don't need to share things like that with everyone." The lady is still chuckling. I'm not. Then 5 seconds later he says, very seriously "no really. I toot ALOT." At this time, Sammy has torn a page out of the book...I go over to pick it up and hand to the woman to now purchase...at which time Izzy shows me that leaving the bag of cheerios in the cart with her is not a good idea b/c she'll dump them all over. As we left, the woman working there smile and said (in a half-laughing way) "have a good day"...like "there is no WAY you are going to have a good day." hahaha. Well, my day did improve at home...the boys had fun making their turkeys and Izzy took a long nap. :)
You think I would be smart enough not to bring all three to a store today after yesterday's fiasco, but we needed groceries.....with the flu season in full effect, I don't like the boys snacking in the stores, so I decided that to keep them from whining about snacks, I'd go to a grocery store with little carts for them to push and fill. For the most part, they did a good job staying right behind me, only putting things in their cart that I agreed to, and not playing "bumper carts". The boys were happy and chatty....I think everyone in that store talked to the boys (which was cute) and ironically, they were given a free cookie from the bakery for being such great shoppers. Yeah - that was the whole reason why I went there - so they wouldn't eat! Anyway, these cookies were pretty big and Sam ate about half before he gave it to me (and I devoured it) and then Caleb gave me about a quarter of his to finish. When we were checking out the nice lady who gave the boys the cookies came up to us and asked Caleb if he finished his cookie. Caleb said "nope, my mom did. She ate Sam's too." I didn't even bother to defend myself...
Note to self: Run errands when Caleb is at school.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home