Name:
Location: United States

Monday, November 16, 2009

Fun-Filled Weekend

We had a perfect weekend....great weather, fun things to do and we still managed to get a few things done!

Saturday was beautiful (low 60s). The boys were outside all day...riding bikes/scooter/playing soccer/playing w/ matchbox cars in the dirt AND helping Justin put Christmas lights up. I'm not a fan of putting up Christmas decorations until after Thanksgiving, but we figured it would be nice to get them up on such a nice warm day (we aren't turning them on yet). Izzy and I ran errands together and then joined the boys outside. Saturday night, Justin and I actually enjoyed date night!! We went to a really cute (and excellent) Italian restaurant and then to a cool bar. To prove to you how long it had been since our last date-night ....we used a gift card (to the restaurant) that my parents gave us for our Anniversary (which is in June!!). Anyway - we had alot of fun....and our date continued into the next day!!

So Sunday late morning we dropped the kids off at my mom & dad's and Justin & I headed to Lambeau Field for the first time!! It was a blast. Casey gave us awesome tickets in the Miller Light End Zone and we felt pretty cool...didnt' have to wait in the very long line to get in, we had lots of space, tables to put our food on, our own beer stand etc. Casey drove down with us and showed us where to go and then he headed to a cool bar to watch the game (he knew plenty of people there). The stadium is very cool, in fact, Justin even admitted that it is "SO much better than Soldier Field". That's saying alot. Anyway - we had a great time....we sat around fun people, ate yummy food, and watched the Packers defeat the Cowboys!! The other thing that made it all SOO enjoyable was the weather - it was great (low 50s much of the time). I didn't have to put my warm jacket on until 4th quarter and I was never cold...not what you would expect for a late afternoon game in November.

To top off a perfect day, we came home to 3 sleeping kids. :) The kids had fun hanging out with grandma & grandpa all day....it sounds like they were well behaved and spent alot of time outside helping grandpa in the yard. Naturally, they ate good there (I swear Sammy only eats my mom's dinners).

Today was nice too - - I had a great tennis lesson, the kids were well behaved, the boys made cookies with me this afternoon and then something crazy happened. Sammy asked to watch something on TV (this is a first). He asked if they could watch Frosty the Snowman. I quickly dug out our box of DVDs (yes, still not unpacked) and actually let them watch it for "quiet time". They sat like little buddies watching the show...and Sammy watched it ALL (granted, it's not a long movie, but I'll take what I can get). I was so shocked that I took a picture. He really CAN sit still for a half hour.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Webb said...

Is that really Justin in a Packers jersey?????? Insanity!!!! He is now all Wisconsin!!!

Coming back to sleeping kids, must be wonderful! ;-)

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home