Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, December 03, 2009

Crazy


Silly boy
Originally uploaded by Justin and Kelly Webb
There is a woman in town that I see everywhere. I have seen her at the Sports Core, at the YMCA, at Target, at the grocery store and then I saw her at the pancake breakfast at my friends house the other day. Typically when I see her, she is with a set of twin boys (2 year olds) and a newborn. However, after we officially met at the breakfast, I found out that she has 9 kids. NINE...and regardless of how her kids are behaving, what I have noticed most about this woman is that she always has a smile on her face and she is SO friendly. The first time I saw her she smiled at me and said "hello" like I had known her forever...I actually wondered if I was supposed to know her.

Anyway, her twin boys go to the same camp at the Sports Core as Sammy . Yesterday after camp we both took our kids to the cafe there for a little snack. As I was sitting down w/ Sammy & Izzy, who were quietly eating their snack, she was chasing one of the twins down while the other was doing something like....oh, throwing his applesauce on the ground and stomping in it. And as she was cleaning up applesauce (while carrying her 3 month old in a bjorn), the other would find mischief of some other kind....I sat there wide-eyed watching her and thinking about what her house looks like (did I mention there were NINE kids??). I offered to help her several times and finally one time I just got up and helped and she said "don't worry about it, I'm used to it all...this is just my life." She must have read my mind b/c she said "you should see me when my kids are asleep. I run around my house like a mad woman trying to clean it." My response (still wide eyed and shaking my head, almost tired from just watching her) "I seriously don't know how you do it. And every time I see you, you have a smile on your face. I can barely keep it together with only 3 kids."

After she cleaned up about 3 big messes, she decided to throw in the towel and head home....but before she left, she made sure she introduced me to a friend of hers (who also moved here in July - super nice person) and then invited me over for a playdate she has at her house every Thursday.

So today, Sam & Izzy and I headed over to Angenette's house. Sam had a blast, he just jumps right in and starts playing and doesn't care where I am ....don't think he said anything to me (other than yelling at me when it was time to pick Caleb up from school). Angenette gives me a huge hug when she sees me and welcomes me into her home...where there are maybe 15 other moms (many of whom brought 2 kids). Yeah. It is by far the biggest playgroup I had ever been to and then I remembered her saying that she does this every week at her place. She is seriously insane. I wouldn't want that many kids in my house EVER much less once a week. But then again she is happy having 9 kids, whereas my limit is 3.
Anyway, despite the craziness of the playgroup, I managed to find 2 friends from high school and I talked alot with Kara, the girl I was introduced to yesterday. It was fun and refreshing to hang out with a bunch of moms again and the time went WAY too fast for Sam.

Today, the boys were SO well behaved (very different story yesterday). The other day my mom bought them ornaments to paint, so I rewarded their good behavior today by getting out the paints to decorate these ornaments. They were very proud of their work. :) After painting we went to a fundraiser for Calian's soccer team -- pasta dinner! Perfect! With Justin gone, I received plenty of help from my parents, Amy & Casey (yipee!) I didn't have to make dinner (even better!)....and come to think of it, I didn't pay for it either (thanks dad)! Overall, a really nice day and a great night...crazy as usual, but not as crazy as it probably was for my new friend Angenette...*that* is crazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home