Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Another Perfect Fall Weekend

I'm not sure if we could've had better weather this weekend. To be outside in November without a jacket on is pretty delightful. The great weather was just part of what made this weekend so great.

Friday, Bridget (the babysitter) came over to play with the kids while my mom & I went to a very cool Holiday Market at the American Club - such great things there. I managed to get alittle Christmas shopping done as well as find a few cute things for our house. :) Very fun afternoon.

Saturday, my good friend Dana and her two kids came to play. They live an hour away, but Dana's parents live about 20 minutes from our house...so they made a stop here for about 3 hours before heading to her parents. It was so nice to spend time with her, and the kids had a blast playing outside all day - they get along really well. We went out to dinner Saturday night w/ Amy & her family - - after a really good dinner, Amy, Dave, Justin and I enjoyed a drink at the bar while Calian & Brayden took the boys to play video games. Everyone was happy. :) Sammy was especially happy to show off his new black eye. He couldn't wait to show Brayden. Earlier that day (after my friend left) the boys were digging in the dirt across the street from our house. Caleb accidently nailed Sam in the face with his shovel...the metal shovel. And seriously, he cried more than Sammy did b/c he felt SOOOOO bad. I felt horrible for both of them. I tried taking a picture of Sam's first (of many) black eyes, but the picture doesn't do it justice.

Today, Sam was able to show off his black eye to my mom & dad - he seriously couldn't wait. We went over their twice...once so Justin and I could do a "practice" 2 mile run together (we are in a "race" this Thursday morning and neither of us have attempted to run in years.....we were successful today - yeah!) and then we were invited back for dinner tonight - everyone, including Izzy, ate lots of VERY yummy food! Tonight, Sammy was not the only show-off. Isabella decided to use the big plastic Lego bin as a walker and she literally walked around their living room ALL night....well, when she wasn't chasing Millie around. She looks so funny walking b/c she is soooo tiny. Anyway, this was a first and I'm not sure I'm ready for her to walk. She, on the other hand, was VERY proud of herself. I suspect she will be running very soon. (sigh)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home