On the Run
Yep - that's right. She runs...using the walker, of course but still...she RUNS!!
Our little girl is changing so much and way too fast. She is a nice independent player like Caleb & Sam were at that age. If she isn't walking (or now running) with her walker, she is playing quietly with her toys (okay, the boys toys) or following her brothers around and trying so hard to do whatever it is that they are doing. I think her favorite toys are balls, stuffed dogs and anything that makes music - she just LOVES dancing and she seriously has some CRAZY moves (she has honestly made people cry from laughing so hard with her dancing).
She is a fantastic eater - - will seriously eat ANYTHING I put in front of her, which is nice b/c now she just eats what everyone else eats for lunch/dinner. She was swinging her legs with excitement and signing "more more more" last night when we were eating beef stew - - loved the potatoes and carrots.
She doesn't have many words: dog, duck, dada, "dis" (this) and I have finally heard her say mama. She signs: more, dog, ball, all done and shoes (that's my girl!).
In addition to being a huge flirt, she LOVES attention and has started to fight for it. When Sam or Caleb is loving on me, she HAS to get in as well. And the other day Amy came over to pick up Brayden - - she had on wet boots and so she stood (actually, she laid down) by the front door. Izzy seriously screamed at her from the living room for not giving her "proper" attention (which means going up to her and picking her up). She finally became jealous of the hugs Sam was getting from her and she very quickly crawled over to her for equal attention/hugs.
I have a feeling Sam & Izzy will be competing with each ALOT. Sam already gets very mad at her and they have their own "fights" (which Izzy does quite well in, by the way). I don't think Caleb has ever been upset with Izzy - seriously - he is sooo tolerant of the annoying things she does to him/his toys. He calls her his princess and he seriously treats her like one. Sam has his precious moments with her too - - he LOVES helping me give her a bath...he checks her bath water, he picks out toys to put in her tub, he helps me wash her, he lays her towel out and he wants to help carry her to her room. He also likes rubbing her head and kissing her when she is drinking her bottle at night. It's hard not to want to snuggle with her after the bath though...she smells so good and is all cozy in her pjs.
Completely off the Izzy topic, but I have to finish with a funny thing Caleb said today....I reminded the boys that Santa could be watching them and they better behave if they want to get a present from him. Caleb's response "actually mom, I really wouldn't mind getting coal in my stocking b/c then I could put it on my snowmen. I dont' have any coal and if I put coal from Santa on my Frosty, I think he'd come to life." (sigh). I seriously give up. The kid wants coal.
Our little girl is changing so much and way too fast. She is a nice independent player like Caleb & Sam were at that age. If she isn't walking (or now running) with her walker, she is playing quietly with her toys (okay, the boys toys) or following her brothers around and trying so hard to do whatever it is that they are doing. I think her favorite toys are balls, stuffed dogs and anything that makes music - she just LOVES dancing and she seriously has some CRAZY moves (she has honestly made people cry from laughing so hard with her dancing).
She is a fantastic eater - - will seriously eat ANYTHING I put in front of her, which is nice b/c now she just eats what everyone else eats for lunch/dinner. She was swinging her legs with excitement and signing "more more more" last night when we were eating beef stew - - loved the potatoes and carrots.
She doesn't have many words: dog, duck, dada, "dis" (this) and I have finally heard her say mama. She signs: more, dog, ball, all done and shoes (that's my girl!).
In addition to being a huge flirt, she LOVES attention and has started to fight for it. When Sam or Caleb is loving on me, she HAS to get in as well. And the other day Amy came over to pick up Brayden - - she had on wet boots and so she stood (actually, she laid down) by the front door. Izzy seriously screamed at her from the living room for not giving her "proper" attention (which means going up to her and picking her up). She finally became jealous of the hugs Sam was getting from her and she very quickly crawled over to her for equal attention/hugs.
I have a feeling Sam & Izzy will be competing with each ALOT. Sam already gets very mad at her and they have their own "fights" (which Izzy does quite well in, by the way). I don't think Caleb has ever been upset with Izzy - seriously - he is sooo tolerant of the annoying things she does to him/his toys. He calls her his princess and he seriously treats her like one. Sam has his precious moments with her too - - he LOVES helping me give her a bath...he checks her bath water, he picks out toys to put in her tub, he helps me wash her, he lays her towel out and he wants to help carry her to her room. He also likes rubbing her head and kissing her when she is drinking her bottle at night. It's hard not to want to snuggle with her after the bath though...she smells so good and is all cozy in her pjs.
Completely off the Izzy topic, but I have to finish with a funny thing Caleb said today....I reminded the boys that Santa could be watching them and they better behave if they want to get a present from him. Caleb's response "actually mom, I really wouldn't mind getting coal in my stocking b/c then I could put it on my snowmen. I dont' have any coal and if I put coal from Santa on my Frosty, I think he'd come to life." (sigh). I seriously give up. The kid wants coal.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home