New Things
We have had a few "new" things this week, which I am really excited about:
1) Swimming lessons!! The boys attended their first swimming lesson this week! They are in the same class (so nice that Sam is 3 years old...opens up more classes for him). And since they are both in the same class and an adult is needed per child, I am rounding up volunteers to be Sam's partner (ha - just kidding...I actually had Sam this week). Amy, who used to give swimming lessons, joined us this week, and I think my mom will actually do most of the other classes. It was so fun and much needed. The boys had a blast and Amy and I had our share of laughs.
2) Sam has a playgroup!! One of my new friends who I met at the Sports Core, who also moved here in July, has twin boys who are 2 1/2 (3 in March)...we decided to meet every Tuesday morning while Caleb is in school. They live really close to us and I really enjoy spending time w/ Kara (the mom). Sam is happy to have friends and he sees these boys in his Tiny Tot Camp and will most likely be going to preschool with them as well. We decided that we will gradually add other moms to our group, but will not make it too big. I'm really excited about this - - for Sam AND for me!!
3) Today, while picking up Sam from his Tiny Tot Camp, a woman asked me if we (Sam, Iz & I) wanted to attend a music class at her house. I had actually heard great things about this class through other moms and was sooo excited that she asked me. She said the moms/kids stays at her place afterwards for a playgroup (she is not the music instructor...she brings her in apparently). Anyway, I thought this was super cool and we are all signed up and ready to go. Sam & Izzy will both LOVE this.
4) Izzy's new nap schedule. Okay, it's not a set new schedule, but it was tested this week. She can officially get by on one long nap in the afternoon....if I need her to. :) She is such a happy girl and she loves being around other kids that when she's up and busy, she is all for playing and not about napping.
5) Izzy randomly walking around. I have found that a few times so far this week that I have looked up from what I'm doing in the kitchen and I see Izzy just walking on her own to get around instead of crawling. She does it with a VERY big smile on her face. The boys love helping her walk. Actually, I should clarify....Caleb loves helping her learn to walk and Sammy loves making her run. Fortunately, she's tough and is a good sport....so when she lands on her face and rolls a few times, she thinks it's funny. So does Sam.
Favorite quote of the day....was said after I told Caleb how much Izzy loves him. "Well, I just love her too, mom. It's really hard not to love little babies." It's sooo cool to know that a 4 year old could feel that way.
1) Swimming lessons!! The boys attended their first swimming lesson this week! They are in the same class (so nice that Sam is 3 years old...opens up more classes for him). And since they are both in the same class and an adult is needed per child, I am rounding up volunteers to be Sam's partner (ha - just kidding...I actually had Sam this week). Amy, who used to give swimming lessons, joined us this week, and I think my mom will actually do most of the other classes. It was so fun and much needed. The boys had a blast and Amy and I had our share of laughs.
2) Sam has a playgroup!! One of my new friends who I met at the Sports Core, who also moved here in July, has twin boys who are 2 1/2 (3 in March)...we decided to meet every Tuesday morning while Caleb is in school. They live really close to us and I really enjoy spending time w/ Kara (the mom). Sam is happy to have friends and he sees these boys in his Tiny Tot Camp and will most likely be going to preschool with them as well. We decided that we will gradually add other moms to our group, but will not make it too big. I'm really excited about this - - for Sam AND for me!!
3) Today, while picking up Sam from his Tiny Tot Camp, a woman asked me if we (Sam, Iz & I) wanted to attend a music class at her house. I had actually heard great things about this class through other moms and was sooo excited that she asked me. She said the moms/kids stays at her place afterwards for a playgroup (she is not the music instructor...she brings her in apparently). Anyway, I thought this was super cool and we are all signed up and ready to go. Sam & Izzy will both LOVE this.
4) Izzy's new nap schedule. Okay, it's not a set new schedule, but it was tested this week. She can officially get by on one long nap in the afternoon....if I need her to. :) She is such a happy girl and she loves being around other kids that when she's up and busy, she is all for playing and not about napping.
5) Izzy randomly walking around. I have found that a few times so far this week that I have looked up from what I'm doing in the kitchen and I see Izzy just walking on her own to get around instead of crawling. She does it with a VERY big smile on her face. The boys love helping her walk. Actually, I should clarify....Caleb loves helping her learn to walk and Sammy loves making her run. Fortunately, she's tough and is a good sport....so when she lands on her face and rolls a few times, she thinks it's funny. So does Sam.
Favorite quote of the day....was said after I told Caleb how much Izzy loves him. "Well, I just love her too, mom. It's really hard not to love little babies." It's sooo cool to know that a 4 year old could feel that way.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home