Game On
Sammy & Caleb each received a few new games this year for Christmas and I am seriously thrilled that Sammy loves playing board games and cards! Caleb has always enjoyed playing board games, so this isn't a "new thing" with him, but what IS new is that the boys and I can finally sit down together and play games! Here is what we typically play every day: Handy Manny dominoes, Handy Manny Find It board game, Handy Manny Uno, and Zingo. We have lots of other games, but these are the new ones (other than Zingo...that is just a favorite around here) and the boys just love them.
Other new things the kids are "into"....
Caleb: computer games. I found a Cyberchase computer game for him for Christmas and although it suggests that it is for kids 8+, he has managed to figure most of the games out. We set up the computer in a room upstairs (main floor) and he's happy to sit and learn on his own every day. Very cool.
Sam: Puzzles! He is obsessed with puzzles right now. I call him the puzzle monster ...he easily puts together the 25 piece puzzles on his own. I love that he is "into" something that Caleb isn't as interested in...and I love even more that it is a quiet activity!
Izzy: Climbing. I am going to predict that she climbs out of her crib this year. Neither of my boys even attempted to get out, but she makes a good effort already. I had to take her aquarium out of th crib b/c she was using that as a step. Now, she just holds on to the edge, hangs on and walks her feet up. Yep. She also grabs onto the gates by the stairs and just hangs. Strong girl. I think she watches Sammy way too carefully.
Other new things the kids are "into"....
Caleb: computer games. I found a Cyberchase computer game for him for Christmas and although it suggests that it is for kids 8+, he has managed to figure most of the games out. We set up the computer in a room upstairs (main floor) and he's happy to sit and learn on his own every day. Very cool.
Sam: Puzzles! He is obsessed with puzzles right now. I call him the puzzle monster ...he easily puts together the 25 piece puzzles on his own. I love that he is "into" something that Caleb isn't as interested in...and I love even more that it is a quiet activity!
Izzy: Climbing. I am going to predict that she climbs out of her crib this year. Neither of my boys even attempted to get out, but she makes a good effort already. I had to take her aquarium out of th crib b/c she was using that as a step. Now, she just holds on to the edge, hangs on and walks her feet up. Yep. She also grabs onto the gates by the stairs and just hangs. Strong girl. I think she watches Sammy way too carefully.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home