A Few "New" Things
I chose this picture of Caleb to blog for 2 reasons...1) I think he looks so cute, even with horrible "hat head" and 2) he looks SO old to me ...they grow/change so quickly, which is the purpose of this post - - to write about a few "new" things each of the kids are doing right now.
Caleb:
Writing. He LOVES to write. He writes notes to his classmates, he writes lists of things at home and at school, and he jots down his thoughts at least once a day - especially if he hears something new and wants to remember it. The other day, he told me he was writing down a hypothesis. (sigh) Last week while i was picking him up from school, a mom asked about Caleb's Birthday party. I looked at her with a confused look and she pointed to a sign on the wall...in Caleb's best handwriting ...something like "Evrebode iz invitd to my birthday parte. Caleb" (he had help with the word "birthday") I laughed and told her that his Birthday wasn't until April and I hadn't even started planning anything. And at a Birthday party a few weeks ago, while the girl was opening her presents, Caleb was busy writing...a mom asked if he was really writing words/sentences so I grabbed the paper to look and sure enough - he had it filled with all sorts of things that both of us were able to read. Although he loves to write and he soooo wants to read, he is REALLY good at math. He is either freaky smart in math, or he has an incredible memory and just memorizes odd math problems (like 32+32...or 20/4). He can also read any number up to 1,000,000. He LOVES numbers.
Sam:
Friends! He is LOVING his new little friends, Harrison and Brooks (twin boys). He is soooo excited when they come to our house for playgroup. He stands by the door waiting for them and he does such a good job w/ them when they are here. He loves showing them his games/toys and he is great about sharing everything. His little friends were over at our house yesterday and then today we saw them at gym class. As we were leaving the YMCA, Sam just randomly said "yep, those are my friends. I have friends, mom." He is SO proud of this and it's sooo cute.
Isabella: Words words words. She wants to know what everything is called. She points to things and yells "DIS??" If I know the sign for it, I sign, but usually I just say the word. If it's a sign, she picks it up immediately. If it's a word, she will sometimes try to say it, but usually just smiles ...then finds something else, points and yells "DIS?" She doesn't say that many words right now...."dis" "nana" (banana) "mama" "dada" "dog" "baaf" (bath) baa (ball) . And although she doesn't say much, it doesn't mean she's quiet....
Caleb:
Writing. He LOVES to write. He writes notes to his classmates, he writes lists of things at home and at school, and he jots down his thoughts at least once a day - especially if he hears something new and wants to remember it. The other day, he told me he was writing down a hypothesis. (sigh) Last week while i was picking him up from school, a mom asked about Caleb's Birthday party. I looked at her with a confused look and she pointed to a sign on the wall...in Caleb's best handwriting ...something like "Evrebode iz invitd to my birthday parte. Caleb" (he had help with the word "birthday") I laughed and told her that his Birthday wasn't until April and I hadn't even started planning anything. And at a Birthday party a few weeks ago, while the girl was opening her presents, Caleb was busy writing...a mom asked if he was really writing words/sentences so I grabbed the paper to look and sure enough - he had it filled with all sorts of things that both of us were able to read. Although he loves to write and he soooo wants to read, he is REALLY good at math. He is either freaky smart in math, or he has an incredible memory and just memorizes odd math problems (like 32+32...or 20/4). He can also read any number up to 1,000,000. He LOVES numbers.
Sam:
Friends! He is LOVING his new little friends, Harrison and Brooks (twin boys). He is soooo excited when they come to our house for playgroup. He stands by the door waiting for them and he does such a good job w/ them when they are here. He loves showing them his games/toys and he is great about sharing everything. His little friends were over at our house yesterday and then today we saw them at gym class. As we were leaving the YMCA, Sam just randomly said "yep, those are my friends. I have friends, mom." He is SO proud of this and it's sooo cute.
Isabella: Words words words. She wants to know what everything is called. She points to things and yells "DIS??" If I know the sign for it, I sign, but usually I just say the word. If it's a sign, she picks it up immediately. If it's a word, she will sometimes try to say it, but usually just smiles ...then finds something else, points and yells "DIS?" She doesn't say that many words right now...."dis" "nana" (banana) "mama" "dada" "dog" "baaf" (bath) baa (ball) . And although she doesn't say much, it doesn't mean she's quiet....


1 Comments:
Sigh is right! Then it finally occurs to you...someday your child's knowledge might actually surpass your own! Anyway, great update!
Post a Comment
<< Home