Name:
Location: United States

Monday, January 25, 2010

The Highlights

I need to blog more than once a week...I forget what we did and then I end up writing too much.
Anyway, it was a good fun week. Our highlights:
1) On Tuesday, Justin went w/ me to the boys swimming lessons - they were happy to show him their new "skills". Izzy was happy to have grandma come over to play with her while the boys went swimming.
2) On Wednesday, I volunteered in Caleb's class. So fun. It was "K" week so I watched them perform a karate "routine". Caleb has loved learning karate and has asked if he could take a class so he can continue learning. Need to look into that.
3) On Thursday and Friday, the boys worked on Valentine ornaments for grandma's tree....she bought plain wooden heart ornaments and asked the boys to paint them so she could add them to a small tree in their house. They did a great job, had a good time working on them and were sooo proud of their end product (see pics).
4) I had a night away!! I left for Wisconsin Dells on Saturday morning to hang out with my college girlfriends. Wis. Dells was choosen b/c we were all coming from either Milwaukee, Chicago or Minneapolis - perfect meeting place for the 6 of us and we had a great time. I think we all really needed to spend a good 24 hours together "locked up" in a huge cool cabin, fire in the fireplace, wine & yummy food. Perfect weekend for me. And while I was getting in some much needed time with my girlfriends, the kids had a great time with Justin. He took them out to lunch, made a quick stop at grandma's house, and then "set up camp" in our living room (see pics). The ate pizza, made popcorn and had movie night ...at "camp". Justin made an enormous tent where Sam & Caleb watched the movie and then slept ...they thought it was pretty cool. And while I know the kids had a blast with their daddy, I had the warmest welcome EVER from Sam when I walked in the door. The second I opened the door, I heard him scream (loudly) and then sprint to the back door.... he literally jumped on me and gave me the longest and hardest hug ever. It was the sweetest thing - it almost brought tears to my eyes!! It was good for everyone to have mommy gone for alittle while.
5) We ended the weekend at Amy's house celebrating Calian's 14th Birthday! The boys were super excited to go and they had a great time hanging out with everyone. It was a nice night - my dad put steaks on the grill (Calian's request), we watched football (soooo bummed about the Vikings) and just enjoyed being around family (my whole family was there). Perfect way to end a great week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home