Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Active Boys = Happy Boys


Sam & Caleb
Originally uploaded by Justin and Kelly Webb
I have made a good effort over the past few days of making sure that the boys are getting plenty of physical activity....the weather has been great (above freezing and sunny) so the boys have spent ALOT of time playing in the snow. We have also taken advantage of open gyms. Sammy went to the open gym at the YMCA on Wednesday. On Friday, the boys spent an hour running around and playing in the gym at the elementary school where Brayden goes (and where our kids will most likely attend). They had soccer balls/goals, basketballs/hoops, scooters, blocks....sooo many things for the boys to play with. I had to laugh b/c they put out the shorter basketball hoops for the kids and Sammy refused to use them...he has greater ambitions I guess - he went straight for the normal sized hoops and was absolutely determined to make a basket - and actually made a few. He was sooo proud of himself.

So...on Friday, the boys went from playing at the Kids Core (so I could take a tennis lesson), to running in an open gym, quick lunch and then headed outside to help me feed the birds and then play in the snow. They were out for at least an hour and while they were outside, Sammy said to me "mommy, Caleb and I are having a really good day." They did have a good day....well behaved and happy. See what alittle physical activity and fresh air can do? I felt the same way as they did.

Saturday, I took the kids to that cool open area at the Early Learning Center (the place with bikes/bike "road", scooters, etc)...the boys had such a blast there. Caleb found his friends there and played with them the entire time - - and he literally RAN for probably a half hour and biked for another half hour. I spent lots of time playing soccer or basketball with Sam and talking to a few of my girlfriends. Sam was also excited to see some friends and had fun playing w/ them as well. Again, they were back outside Saturday afternoon.

Today I think Sammy put on his snowsuit 4 times...Caleb twice. Sammy even wore his snowsuit over to my parents house this afternoon - - we went there for dinner, but before we ate he & Millie headed outside to shovel off the deck. After all this activity, the boys ate like they hadn't seen food in days. Sammy never even comes CLOSE to cleaning his plate and I think he had 3 helpings of dinner tonight...he always eats well at my parents house though. The boys were angels when we got home...went right upstairs to put on pjs, brush teeth and listened nicely to me reading and then happily went to bed. Aaaaaaah. Why can't every day be so easy?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home