Name:
Location: United States

Monday, February 15, 2010

A Fun Holiday Weekend

We had a nice Valentine's Day weekend...and it was even nicer b/c today Justin was off work (President's Day!) so it was a good LONG wknd...though it still went way too fast.

Saturday was just a nice family day...lots of games, a few errands, and just hanging out together. Saturday night Justin and I had a nice date night...we enjoyed a yummy dinner out. Sunday we all went out to lunch, enjoyed Valentine's treats and then delivered (and received) fun Valentine's at Grandma & Grandpa's and then at Amy's. While Izzy napped, the 4 of us cuddled up on the couch/floor and watched a movie...actually, Caleb watched a movie and Justin, Sam & I napped.

Today was a special day for Caleb...he had "Daddy Day". Since Justin was home, he dropped off/picked up Caleb from school and then they went to lunch, watched a movie together and then did some cool things with Caleb's Science Experiment Kit. I'm not sure who had more fun today. It was good for Caleb to spend alone time w/ Justin and it was nice for Caleb & Sam to spend some time apart (they have not been getting along very well lately). At about 4:00, Sam & I were playing soccer in the living room and he said he was tired. I asked him if he wanted to sit down and watch Cyberchase and he sweetly said "no, I only like to watch that with my brother." "oooooh, do you miss Caleb, buddy?" "Yeah, I miss him." I got on my knees, opened up my arms and said "ooooh buddy, you are so cute....come here and give me a hug." His eyes light up, he gets a big smile on his face and runs FULL speed ahead to me and knocks me over/tackles me. So much for hugging my sweet Sam.

So the picture of Izzy is the look she gives me when she is doing something she knows she isn't supposed to. I see this face alot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home