So Typical....
So Izzy has a couple of big headbands and a few cute little clips/etc. to wear in her hair. She thinks they are called "pretties" b/c every time I put them in I say "oooh, how pretty!" Then she smiles, looks in the mirror and then takes it out...and immediately she brings it back to me and says "UUHHH" and again, I put it in, I say how pretty it is, her eyes light up, she smiles and admires herself in the mirror, only to take it out again. Repeat over and over again. Anyway, since she thinks they are called "pretties", every time I say the word "pretty" (like "oh, those flowers are pretty") she reaches up to her head to see if she is wearing a headband. Tonight she walked up to me carrying the headband and wanted it in. I put it in and she immediately reached up to take it out. I said "oh no, don't take it out - go show your brothers." She got a big smile on her face and walked over to the boys and Caleb said "oh, here comes a pretty lady walking down the street." I have no idea where that came from, but was just happy he tried to make her feel good. She felt proud, but took it off.
So basically, my point is that although she likes to look at the "pretties" and show people how cute she looks in them, she doesn't wear them longer than about 5 minutes.....UNLESS it's bedtime. Yep. Tonight, after bathtime, she wanted the headband back in. I put it in, expecting to find it on the floor in a few minutes. Nope, she happily wore it while I gave the boys bedtime snacks and got her milk ready....then kept it in for milk & books. I took it off before putting her in her crib and she yelled and gave me her mean face. Is this not just SO typical?
Also - on my FAQs yesterday, I can't believe I forgot to write the question I hear the most in this house! "CAN WE GO OUTSIDE!?!?" This is asked the most b/c both Sam & Caleb ask. And it doesn't matter if it's -20 degrees or 50 and pouring rain, they still ask....and ask...and ask.
So basically, my point is that although she likes to look at the "pretties" and show people how cute she looks in them, she doesn't wear them longer than about 5 minutes.....UNLESS it's bedtime. Yep. Tonight, after bathtime, she wanted the headband back in. I put it in, expecting to find it on the floor in a few minutes. Nope, she happily wore it while I gave the boys bedtime snacks and got her milk ready....then kept it in for milk & books. I took it off before putting her in her crib and she yelled and gave me her mean face. Is this not just SO typical?
Also - on my FAQs yesterday, I can't believe I forgot to write the question I hear the most in this house! "CAN WE GO OUTSIDE!?!?" This is asked the most b/c both Sam & Caleb ask. And it doesn't matter if it's -20 degrees or 50 and pouring rain, they still ask....and ask...and ask.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home