Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Things to Smile About


Big Girl
Originally uploaded by Justin and Kelly Webb
So this picture has nothing to do with this post...I just wanted to put a full picture of Izzy on to show how big she is getting.

It's been a crazy past few weeks...our kitchen is torn up and Justin has been gone alot. Fortunately, despite the mess and crazy schedule, we have found lots to smile about around here....here are a few things that have kept me laughing/happy/SANE this week:

1) since the kitchen is torn up, grandma has made sure we are eating well. We have been spoiled with some yummy dinners and the kids love going over there to play/hang out.
2) the boys have played really well together the past 2 days...they have gone to the basement on their own for long periods of time w/o major arguments....this is not normal.
3) the weather....sunny and "warm". Boys played outside alot this afternoon.
4) today I walked into the kids room at the Sports Core and Izzy was sitting at a "big kid table" coloring. She didn't even get up out of her chair when she saw me...just gave me a huge smile and kept coloring. So cute. And by the way, playing tennis before I picked them up was another thing to be happy about.
5) I don't know why I found this so funny, but Sammy watched an entire Handy Manny show the other day while jumping on a chair. The entire show....seriously JUMPING...non-stop.
6) watching Caleb with Izzy....he is SUCH a good brother to her. He is so patient & loving with her and he will always play with her if I ask him to distract her. I have asked him alot lately for help w/ her and he does it w/o complaining.
7) Izzy seems to enjoy shoes & purses like I do....see other pic of her carrying around her purse. She wanted it on her shoulder and she carried her doggie in it. So funny. She also loves to wear necklaces and she tries to put lipstick on. And while there are days I think she might become a girlie girl, I still catch her in Sam's room all the time playing matchbox cars. Watching her do all of these things makes me smile.
8) As we were leaving school today, a mom told me that she had a very serious talk with Caleb the other day about lent. She said he told her what he was giving up and that he was doing it for Jesus. She said it was adorable. I love hearing cool things the kids say when I'm not around.
9) Within the past week or so, Sammy has become very comfortable with Caleb's school friends...when we pick Caleb up, Sam runs to Caleb & his friends and tackles them, plays with them, sits with them, talks to them and tries so hard to fit in. It's adorable. He so badly wants to be in school and he asks the "mom questions" on the way home from school almost every day (e.g. "what was for snack today, bud?" "did you play outside today, buddy")
10) The boys are starting basketball tomorrow....they are so excited to play and I'm so happy they can do another class together - it's for 3-6 year olds. Although Sam will most likely be the youngest/smallest, I have no doubt he will do just fine....especially since he has been practicing his dribbling for the past week. ha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home