Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, March 03, 2010

The Things They Say....

Things said today:

Caleb and I had the following conversation in the car today....out of the blue he asked about the gingerbread contest his preschool was in in December. His class took a field trip to Kohler to see them all and vote for their house...there were about 50 very cool/creative gingerbread houses (from all different schools/grades) - very fun to see. Anyway.....
Caleb: So, were all of the houses made of food?
Me: Yes, all of them were made of food - -and all types of food. they were pretty cool weren't they? (said enthusiastically)
Caleb: Um....yeah (like "whatever"). Were the houses made ONLY out of food?
Me: Yep.
Caleb: Well, I kind of think that is being pretty wasteful. People could eat that food and they didn't. It was good food at one time and then we made it so you couldn't eat it anymore. That is being wasteful.
Me: (with big eyes): Wow. I guess you're right. I never really thought about that.
Caleb: Well, I did.

note to self: never let him see me clean out the refrigerator.

Today Sam did his usual "freak out" after spilling a drop or two of water on his pants. He can't stand spills on his clothes (it's actually VERY annoying). Anyway, he took his pants off and threw them on the ground....
Me: Sam, please pick up your pants.
Sam: (giving me an angry look)...and then sings/yells "pants on the ground, pants on the ground...looking like a fool with your pants on the ground."
If you know this song from American Idol, you will appreciate that story....needless to say, my frustration with him quickly turned to laughter.

Izzy...okay, so she didn't have anything funny to say, but she thought she was very funny and laughed loudly after she passed gas at the kitchen table. The boys thought it was great and encouraged her to do it again. She did...and then laughed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Pants...on...the...ground?! I'm laughing at that kid.

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home