Something to Smile About
I can't believe I am actually going to admit this, but today was the 1st time the boys had been to the dentist. I had made an appointment for Caleb when we lived in Illinois and rescheduled it 2 times and then gave up. Anyway, they both had an excellent report - - "beautiful teeth and no cavities." The hygenist also said they were super 1st time patients. The three of us were in the same room together the entire time so I was once again able to see the major differences in my silly little boys.
Caleb: Talks to everyone in the hallway on the walk to the room. Tells the hygenist his is very excited to be there. Asks questions about the tools she is going to use, not b/c he's scared, but b/c he's genuinely interested. Happily jumps into the patient chair, sits still, opens his mouth wide, turns his head when he's told and is happy to thoroughly answer the hygenists questions while she's cleaning his teeth (I was waiting for her to stop asking questions, but she didn't). He was laughing and having a great time. When the dentist walked in she said "I could hear you talking in here...I never would've guessed a 4 year old was sitting in this chair." Chatted with everyone on the way out and will seriously be happy to go back.
Sam: Quietly walks to the room and listens to the hygenist explain what will happen while they are there. He doesn't ask any questions, but when he answers the hygenist's questions he is very soft spoken...shy, but not nervous. No fear of sitting in the patient chair....in fact, I am shaking with laughter when he decides to put his legs on the arm rests (he looks like his is a patient in an OB/GYN room). He seriously looked hilarious - his legs spread out, wearing sunglasses and his tongue is going crazy - almost licking all the instruments...hilarious. He is not a fan of the small-talk during the cleaning and answers the questions with one or two word responses (or no responses at all). He is SOOO proud of himself when he is done (I'm proud of him too) - he give me lots of HUGE smiles from the chair. The hygenist must have thought he was adorable b/c I think she grabbed his little cheeks and said how good he was about 5 times. He doesn't talk to anyone on the way out, just struts out the door....a very proud boy.
Caleb: Talks to everyone in the hallway on the walk to the room. Tells the hygenist his is very excited to be there. Asks questions about the tools she is going to use, not b/c he's scared, but b/c he's genuinely interested. Happily jumps into the patient chair, sits still, opens his mouth wide, turns his head when he's told and is happy to thoroughly answer the hygenists questions while she's cleaning his teeth (I was waiting for her to stop asking questions, but she didn't). He was laughing and having a great time. When the dentist walked in she said "I could hear you talking in here...I never would've guessed a 4 year old was sitting in this chair." Chatted with everyone on the way out and will seriously be happy to go back.
Sam: Quietly walks to the room and listens to the hygenist explain what will happen while they are there. He doesn't ask any questions, but when he answers the hygenist's questions he is very soft spoken...shy, but not nervous. No fear of sitting in the patient chair....in fact, I am shaking with laughter when he decides to put his legs on the arm rests (he looks like his is a patient in an OB/GYN room). He seriously looked hilarious - his legs spread out, wearing sunglasses and his tongue is going crazy - almost licking all the instruments...hilarious. He is not a fan of the small-talk during the cleaning and answers the questions with one or two word responses (or no responses at all). He is SOOO proud of himself when he is done (I'm proud of him too) - he give me lots of HUGE smiles from the chair. The hygenist must have thought he was adorable b/c I think she grabbed his little cheeks and said how good he was about 5 times. He doesn't talk to anyone on the way out, just struts out the door....a very proud boy.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home