Caleb's Big News
He's getting married. To Zoe...she agreed today.
Last week, while I was getting ready in the morning the boys were watching a show on my bed and I heard Caleb talk about re-doing my room. Although it is in serious need of being decorated, I asked him what he was talking about. He told me his plans for when that room was his, Zoe's ...and Sam's. Guess Sam gets the floor, though that's where he sleeps anyway. So then on the way to school, out of the blue Caleb said "so, when I can drive a car, I'm getting one that has three seats in the front." I asked him why and he responded "well, for me, Zoe and Sammy!!" (like "duuuuh"). I asked if Zoe understood that Sam was tagging along in their marriage, but he didn't answer.
Since then, he has asked me a few times about rings and told me that he has her ring made, but it doesn't have a diamond on it yet...and then he asked where to get one. I didn't answer this time.
And today after school, he had big news. "Zoe agreed to marry me!!" They came over to tell me together. She was beaming. He was announcing it to everyone on the way out...and then he told Sam that he now has to live next door, instead of the same room. Sam doesn't care. In the car on the way home he told me that he and Zoe were "alittle embarrassed to tell people today ...especially when Miss Keeley found out." He once again asked where to buy a ring for her....
me: well, there are kids rings in stores like 'Target', bud. You can find one there.
Caleb: Well, where did daddy get yours?
me: Ummm....at a jewelry store.
Caleb: can you take me to a jewelry store?
me: No buddy - - they dont' make them small enough there.
Caleb: well, fine - take me to Target, but then when we are adults, I'm going to the jewelry store and buying her one like yours.
Me: good idea.
Caleb: yeah - so is it against the law to live with someone and not be married to them?
Me: No. (where is this kid GETTING this stuff?!?!?)
Caleb: Great.
I wonder if this means he is moving out already...or maybe Zoe is moving in. And kicking me out of my room.
After school, I stop at the grocery store to buy a few things before his 5 year doctor's appointment....we find a 10 pack of kid rings for $2.99...perfect for Zoe. I tell him that she'll love them. He tells me she only gets one "because mom, you are only supposed to have one married ring for your life." "you are right, my mistake." He decides he wants one too, b/c he wants people to know he is getting married. At the doctor's office he puts his hand up on the counter and taps his fingers...just like a newly engaged girl. He doesn't wait for anyone to ask, he just blurts out that he's going to get married and he even has a ring to show that. He says that Zoe's ring is out in the car...it's a pink heart. His is a blue rectangle (phew).
He mentions Zoe a few times during his doctor's appointment, but quickly forgets about her when he finds out he has to get 2 shots. By the way, he weighed in today at 42 pounds (50%) and is 44.5 inches tall (75%)....is too smart for his age and is not ready for marriage, regardless of what he tells you.
Last week, while I was getting ready in the morning the boys were watching a show on my bed and I heard Caleb talk about re-doing my room. Although it is in serious need of being decorated, I asked him what he was talking about. He told me his plans for when that room was his, Zoe's ...and Sam's. Guess Sam gets the floor, though that's where he sleeps anyway. So then on the way to school, out of the blue Caleb said "so, when I can drive a car, I'm getting one that has three seats in the front." I asked him why and he responded "well, for me, Zoe and Sammy!!" (like "duuuuh"). I asked if Zoe understood that Sam was tagging along in their marriage, but he didn't answer.
Since then, he has asked me a few times about rings and told me that he has her ring made, but it doesn't have a diamond on it yet...and then he asked where to get one. I didn't answer this time.
And today after school, he had big news. "Zoe agreed to marry me!!" They came over to tell me together. She was beaming. He was announcing it to everyone on the way out...and then he told Sam that he now has to live next door, instead of the same room. Sam doesn't care. In the car on the way home he told me that he and Zoe were "alittle embarrassed to tell people today ...especially when Miss Keeley found out." He once again asked where to buy a ring for her....
me: well, there are kids rings in stores like 'Target', bud. You can find one there.
Caleb: Well, where did daddy get yours?
me: Ummm....at a jewelry store.
Caleb: can you take me to a jewelry store?
me: No buddy - - they dont' make them small enough there.
Caleb: well, fine - take me to Target, but then when we are adults, I'm going to the jewelry store and buying her one like yours.
Me: good idea.
Caleb: yeah - so is it against the law to live with someone and not be married to them?
Me: No. (where is this kid GETTING this stuff?!?!?)
Caleb: Great.
I wonder if this means he is moving out already...or maybe Zoe is moving in. And kicking me out of my room.
After school, I stop at the grocery store to buy a few things before his 5 year doctor's appointment....we find a 10 pack of kid rings for $2.99...perfect for Zoe. I tell him that she'll love them. He tells me she only gets one "because mom, you are only supposed to have one married ring for your life." "you are right, my mistake." He decides he wants one too, b/c he wants people to know he is getting married. At the doctor's office he puts his hand up on the counter and taps his fingers...just like a newly engaged girl. He doesn't wait for anyone to ask, he just blurts out that he's going to get married and he even has a ring to show that. He says that Zoe's ring is out in the car...it's a pink heart. His is a blue rectangle (phew).
He mentions Zoe a few times during his doctor's appointment, but quickly forgets about her when he finds out he has to get 2 shots. By the way, he weighed in today at 42 pounds (50%) and is 44.5 inches tall (75%)....is too smart for his age and is not ready for marriage, regardless of what he tells you.


1 Comments:
HYSterical! I was laughing out loud at this one. Major.
Post a Comment
<< Home