Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

We're Back!

We have just returned from a nice vacation...we didn't go anywhere exotic, unless Franklin, Indiana and Sheboygan, Wisconsin are considered exotic..although, Justin and I also went to Elkhart Lake, WI which is probably the most exotic place I've been in years. :) We DID, however spend lots of time w/ family, which was nice. It was also nice to have Justin around for a week!

We started off our little vacation w/ a trip to Indiana. We were there from Friday night to Monday afternoon. Justin's Uncle Jerry & Aunt Nancy celebrated their 40th Anniversary, and Justin's cousins threw them a surprise party on Sunday. Caleb spent alot of time w/ his cousin Alex, who will turn 1 next week Wednesday! Caleb learned a few things from his little cousin. 1) If he can walk, I can walk too....Caleb started walking when we were there - - finally! 2) Keep an eye out for truck stealers....aka Alex Webb. Just kidding...but I do like the picture of Alex going in for the steal that is posted. Caleb is learning to not get so angry when kids take his toys (at least I'm trying to teach him this). Justin wants him to learn to punch the kids out when they take toys, so I hope Caleb follows my lead on this one. He doesn't take toys away from other kids, but he gets really mad when someone takes a toy he's playing with...and he doesn't try to take it back...he just cries. Anyway - Alex was good at demonstrating how to take toys (ha) and give up toys w/o a fuss. :) So we spent Saturday hanging out w/ Grandma and Grandad Webb, and Chris, Jen & Alex. We were looking forward to swimming, but the weather didn't cooperate, so we played lots inside. Sunday was the surprise party (where Caleb took his first steps!) which was fun and Monday afternoon we left after Caleb enjoyed time on the tree swing (click on the photo to see more pics).

We headed to Sheboygan Tuesday afternoon during Caleb's nap. Justin and I wanted to spend our Anniversary (which was Wednesday) in Elkhart Lake, where we had our reception. We had a nice time walking around the cute little town and then had a really nice dinner at the Osthoff. Caleb was very well behaved for Grandma. We celebrated alot while at my parents house. We celebrated our anniversary, Amy & Dave's anniversary, my dad's birthday, my birthday & Father's Day. We ate lots of yummy food (I literally put on 4 pounds...thanks, mom), played a new lawn game Amy & Dave gave us for our anniversary (I was the single's champion, btw...UNDEFEATED) I wasn't so lucky in the family tournaments we had at night though....we had doubles tournaments Friday & Saturday night. We also spent alot of time at Calian & Brayden's 3 on 3 soccer tournament on Saturday. Justin and I got really into their games...and we acted like those annoying/crazy parents who get thrown out of events. I can't imagine what we will be like for Caleb's sporting events..... Anyway - they are both great soccer players, so they are very fun to watch. We also had a great lunch at Casey's bar...Caleb enjoyed it too, and I think it's his new favorite restaurant/bar....he danced the entire time, while munching on cheese curds, chicken nuggets and his yogurt.

We had a really nice time away. I have spent yesterday and today unpacking, doing laundry, cleaning and trying to entertain Caleb, who is completely bored with me and is wondering where everyone went. I told him everyone would come visit soon. Will someone please visit?

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Webb said...

Alex tried really hard to share toys with Caleb and also wanted Caleb to push him when he sat in the front part of the walker. Poor Alex :-(

It was good to see you and glad to hear that you got back safe.

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home